Oceanside

Aug 30, 2004
I am going to be traveling to Oceanside, CA later this month to surf and hang out with friends. I don't want to take my surfboards with me from New England so I don't have to pay the $160 airline fees.

I was thinking of buying a used, new off the rack or custom surfboard and leaving it there because I am going to be back out there in December.

My normal shortboard is 6'6" x 19 3/4" x 2 5/8". I am 6'2" and 205lbs. Will I have a hard time finding a used or new off the rack board close to that size? Or should I order a custom board?

Aug 30, 2004
Thanks!

I guess i am just not used to having that large of a selection. Here the largest shop in new england stocks nearly 300 boards and alot are longboards. I'll check that shop out when I get there.

Aug 30, 2004
Thanks TFAD!

I will definitely check out both of those places! Now my next delima will be whether I should take my bowling ball with me to California!

Aug 30, 2004
The hook is not too bad, i am a little rusty because I haven't played in a couple months. I am also a leftie so chances are the left side of the lane is in a little better shape than the right.