Now the Left is rooting for ISIS.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Was driving earlier and the CBS radio news at the top of the hour came on. They started their report by bringing up George Bush on the deck of the ship declaring victory........then they went on to report on Trump claiming to have defeated ISIS. You could just hear the reporter seething over this. It was a pretty odd report for a top of the hour radio news update.

My take on that is that the left wing media now plans on gleefully reporting anything they can to portray ISIS as not being defeated. Hell they'll even root them on.

Just remember the old saying that "The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend". No doubt now the left will be rooting for ISIS heading into 2020.

Just my humble prediction.

So far we have the left rooting for bad economic news and now rooting for ISIS. These things may be their only hope to defeat Trump in 2020. Pretty much a repeat of the strategy they used against George W Bush at the end of his presidency leading into an election. Beat down the economy and beat down our military.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
I think it's a fair critique, ISIS are on the run for sure and losing bigly, but "defeated" seems a stretch.

I'm unclear on what Trump's policy is for ISIS, Syria and Turkey. What's your impression, do we have a policy and if so, what is it?

Wheelhouse

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 13, 2013
Remember Obama called ISIS, ISIL and wouldnt call ISIS/ISIL an Islamic terrorist organization?
That was weird

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
GromsDad said:
hal9000 said:
It was CBS radio news at the top of the hour. Guessing if you turn on tonight's CBS evening news you'll get a dose of what I heard. The next narrative of the left is now set. They are very predictable.
It's important we all chant "USA! USA! USA!" as we cheer for Darth Vader and the Empire while watching Star Wars. :beer:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GromsDad said:
Was driving earlier and the CBS radio news at the top of the hour came on. They started their report by bringing up George Bush on the deck of the ship declaring victory........then they went on to report on Trump claiming to have defeated ISIS. You could just hear the reporter seething over this. It was a pretty odd report for a top of the hour radio news update.

My take on that is that the left wing media now plans on gleefully reporting anything they can to portray ISIS as not being defeated. Hell they'll even root them on.

Just remember the old saying that "The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend". No doubt now the left will be rooting for ISIS heading into 2020.

Just my humble prediction.

So far we have the left rooting for bad economic news and now rooting for ISIS. These things may be their only hope to defeat Trump in 2020. Pretty much a repeat of the strategy they used against George W Bush at the end of his presidency leading into an election. Beat down the economy and beat down our military.
I'm confused by this.

If they're totally defeated, how can they not be totally defeated?

Maybe the question isn't why the left won't (at least as you're predicting) recognize the full defeat of ISIS, but why you are so eager to believe ISIS has been totally defeated despite the fact that military heads say they're still in Syria fighting.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Wheelhouse said:
Remember Obama called ISIS, ISIL and wouldnt call ISIS/ISIL an Islamic terrorist organization?
That was weird
Without looking, what's the difference between the name ISIS and the name ISIL?

I don't think the difference is as significant as you're trying to project.

Also, Obama should have called them terrorists.

Just like Trump should call white supremacists terrorist.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:
Who the fvck is rooting for ISIS.

You're unsane.
Mark my words, in the coming months the left wing media will be pumping any story they can find to make ISIS larger than life so as to damage Trump. Its all too predictable.
Okay I'm marking your words.

Let's see if you ghost this one.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I hardly think the pro-abortion crowd will be rooting for the goddess of fertility. No pun intended.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:

You're unsane.
Mark my words, in the coming months the left wing media will be pumping any story they can find to make ISIS larger than life so as to damage Trump. Its all too predictable.
You are all too predictable. Trump says we defeated isis. News coming out fo the region that soldiers are still dieing and fighting continues. Shouldn't the news conservative or liberal - report whats really happening?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
CutnSnip said:
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:

You're unsane.
You are all too predictable. Trump says we defeated isis. News coming out fo the region that soldiers are still dieing and fighting continues. Shouldn't the news conservative or liberal - report whats really happening?
Sure they should report what's really happening. I don't trust them even the slightest bit.....do you? You know as well as I do that they will do everything they can to portray things in a partisan manner.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
CutnSnip said:
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:

You're unsane.
Sure they should report what's really happening. I don't trust them even the slightest bit.....do you? You know as well as I do that they will do everything they can to portray things in a partisan manner.
Who the fvck lies about soldier deaths?

How can you even lie about it?

Seriously. WTF is going on with you.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I'm unclear on what Trump's policy is for ISIS, Syria and Turkey. What's your impression, do we have a policy and if so, what is it?
If only there was some type organization or industry that would look into such things like presidential policies and their outcomes...

...who am kidding? The fuckinng Trump jerk likes Burger King!!!!!!!!

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
GromsDad said:
CutnSnip said:
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:

You're unsane.
Let me get this straight, you don’t think you put things in the most partisan manner possible? Serious question (though I’m sure you’ll dodge this and ghost) how do you perceive your own bias? Is it balanced in your opinion?