Noble people of the Errb, donations?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I’m going down to Nicaragua in a month and the place I’m staying at mentioned donations are welcome. I was planning on bringing three boards down to donate to local groms and stuffing the bag with anything else I could find. However, these boards are all FCS which I no longer use nor have any of. I also don’t have any extra leashes (other than boards I’m pretty bare bones and don’t hold onto things). I’d like to give these kids a complete set up but covering the cost of 2 board bags and paying for a trip for 2 I’m definitely already pushing my own budget.

curious if any of you fine men and woman (any ladies even left here?) would be interested in tossing a set of fins or a leash. Obviously not looking for top of the line gear, but maybe you have an old plastic set or an extra leash you never use.

cheers!:waving:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I’m going down to Nicaragua in a month and the place I’m staying at mentioned donations are welcome. I was planning on bringing three boards down to donate to local groms and stuffing the bag with anything else I could find. However, these boards are all FCS which I no longer use nor have any of. I also don’t have any extra leashes (other than boards I’m pretty bare bones and don’t hold onto things). I’d like to give these kids a complete set up but covering the cost of 2 board bags and paying for a trip for 2 I’m definitely already pushing my own budget.

curious if any of you fine men and woman (any ladies even left here?) would be interested in tossing a set of fins or a leash. Obviously not looking for top of the line gear, but maybe you have an old plastic set or an extra leash you never use.

I've got a few older leashes in somewhat decent condition, get new ones for every board and usually ride a board for 1-2 yrs on average. Send your mailing info and I can ship them out on Monday.

Reactions: manbearpig

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY

I have tons of leashes and some beginner foam boards that you can bring down if you are doing the schlepping, I’ve got at least 3-4 I would donate for little Nicaragua kids to play with. I’d pay the board bag fee, but admittedly its A hassle for you to schlep your own gear plus donations plus a few donated 8 foot foamies and epoxy fun boards

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Hmmm. Well I’ll take you up on leashes but I’m thinking 3 board bags, one of which being 8ft foamies, might be a little much. I’m not even sure yet what bag fees are going to be on top of that.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Well that would be more doable, I’ll keep in touch about that. Still would be 3 board bags to lug but a small price to pay to stoke out some kids.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I think I need 2 more sets of fins to complete the three boards I was planning to bring, maybe another leash. You still have my address?

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
Sell the boards, add the board bag fees to that pile of cash, give that to the people that cant afford food. Can't eat fins.

"
1.2 million Nicaraguan kids are living in what WFP's calls "emergency conditions," and nearly 40 percent of children under 5 here are chronically malnourished.
"

The board thing is better as an unplanned "I'll just leave it" thing.

Either way, good on you for doing something to help.