No more Bong for Griff

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I'm too old to follow who surfs for who these days - but Griffin is a damn good surfer. he reminds me of another San Clemente surfer - Shane Beschen. I was at a contest 30 or so years ago and the surfing Shane was doing was inspiring, considering our closeness in age. The term "glue foot" was used with such surfers.
Met Shane through Jackie Baxter. We stayed at his place on the north shore for one night to take Mike Diffenderfer's ashes out the next day on Ray Beatty's boat. Shane is doing a big wave pool /with a hotel project on Oahu near Ewa Beach. Neat guy and Family man.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Met Shane through Jackie Baxter. We stayed at his place on the north shore for one night to take Mike Diffenderfer's ashes out the next day on Ray Beatty's boat. Shane is doing a big wave pool /with a hotel project on Oahu near Ewa Beach. Neat guy and Family man.
One year at the PSAA C Street contest, I think the year Archie or Chris Brown won, it was small and Shane was surfing without a leash. He lost his board and it washed all the way in. He swam into the tiniest wave, like barely 1" and bodysurfed the whitewater all the way to shore, flat as a board with mostly just his head sticking out, able to angle right/left/right to stay in the little power sections. It was so rad and people were tripping.