NFL

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
I called right teams again. Damn, next year I go to Vegas and win some money.

49ers win superbowl

Reactions: Kaido

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I called right teams again. Damn, next year I go to Vegas and win some money.

49ers win superbowl
Was in 52nd out of 90,000+ on Yahoo until garbage time GB TDs. Knocked me down around 300 but still won a buck. Oh well but not horrible.

Reactions: QuadFin

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Was in 52nd out of 90,000+ on Yahoo until garbage time GB TDs. Knocked me down around 300 but still won a buck. Oh well but not horrible.
Did you see Mark Davis & Tom Brady at the fights Saturday night?
Lots of speculation about that out there....

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
Did anyone see the 49ers end zone celebration- the two guys doing the paddle, pop up and surf thing?
Mostert actually surfs.

An offer from Billabong
Mostert grew up in the coastal town of New Smyrna Beach, Florida, surfing and skateboarding in what he called "shark-bite capital of the world." He told The Athletic's Matt Barrows in 2018 that when he was a teenager, the surf/skate clothing company Billabong offered him a deal.

"I'd be out there surfing or skateboarding on my own, not really trying to make a scene or anything," Mostert said. "And this guy came up to me and wanted to offer me a contract. He was intrigued, basically."
According to Barrows, the contract would have had Mostert take part in events around the country in the competition circuit. It also would have paid him.

However, Mostert instead stuck with football, later graduating from Purdue University, then entering the NFL.
Mostert can still surf today, but he gets out less than he did growing up. He told Barrows that action sports and football require some similar skills, like balance, tolerance for physical contact, and adjusting on the fly.

"You're in a wave and at that moment you want to make a decision whether you want to do a trick — flare-up, do a nice trick and land — or just ride the wave out," he told Barrows. "That's the same thing with football: there are a lot of different angles. Sometimes, you have to split two defenders. Sometimes, you don't want to go out of bounds because you can get an extra three or four yards. So you plant a foot and head upfield."

http://instagr.am/p/BlMueE4lyM-/

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
its gonna be a great game...I like the niners but love Mahomes, that kid is awesome...go chiefs!!!!