Newsmax….done?

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali

:roflmao::roflmao:

“Last week, DirecTV announced it would be dropping the right-wing TV channel Newsmax from its lineup, which Newsmax CEO Christopher Ruddy called “a blatant act of political discrimination.” Pouring cold water on this accusation, DirecTV has since announced it will be replacing Newsmax's empty slot with a different right-wing channel, The First, whose on-air personalities include former NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch and disgraced Fox News host Bill O’Reilly.

….

It’s not the first time Newsmax has taken swings at Fox, which it briefly competed against in the aftermath of the 2020 election. What's different this time around, however, is Newsmax’s dismal viewership. Responding earlier this month to a letter from more than 40 Republicans about DirecTV’s “deplatforming” of Newsmax, DirecTV general counsel Michael Hartman wrote, “We think that it is also important to keep our dispute with Newsmax in perspective. According to Nielsen, nationwide Newsmax’s average household audience is only 101,000 households, representing less than 0.1% of total TV households,” per The Daily Beast. "That is 92 percent lower than Fox News.” Fox has an audience of over 2.2 million. ”
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/01/newsmax-directv-fox

Boebert and Gaetz must think that they represent the interests of morons.

• Haha
Reactions: twinzerfan and Pico

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
i wonder what they get paid for promoting the newsmax cause
There's a lot there for them. Number one it feeds their campaigns in a positive light and lots of coverage whereas the other networks portray them as clowns. Id bet there some deal on the backend as far as political advertising as well. Thats big bucks.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I watched Newsmax in the waiting room while my car got smogged and holy sh!t, that stuff was nonstop culture-war fear.

And ads for geriatric medicines.

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
So DirectTV is giving the spot to another right-wing channel, one featuring the super-hot gun touting NRA lackey Dana Loesch + Bill [the perv] O’Reilly. Are they not true blue patriots?! If the likes of Boobert and Gaetz (govament) force a free-enterprise to give Newsmax a spot aren’t they silencing conservative voices? Or maybe a better question: will this clown show never end?

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
So DirectTV is giving the spot to another right-wing channel, one featuring the super-hot gun touting NRA lackey Dana Loesch + Bill [the perv] O’Reilly. Are they not true blue patriots?! If the likes of Boobert and Gaetz (govament) force a free-enterprise to give Newsmax a spot aren’t they silencing conservative voices? Or maybe a better question: will this clown show never end?
by the way, govenor DumbSantis is also calling for an investigation into Direct TV for the cancellation.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I watched Newsmax in the waiting room while my car got smogged and holy sh!t, that stuff was nonstop culture-war fear.

And ads for geriatric medicines.
it really is horrific stuff to watch...I can't believe that sort of thing is allowed to call itself news

we need to re-introduce the fairness doctrine

Reactions: hal9000 and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
it really is horrific stuff to watch...I can't believe that sort of thing is allowed to call itself news

we need to re-introduce the fairness doctrine
Ruining the lives of senior citizens and the stupid.