New Lost: Lost the Ripper

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I don’t see it on the Lost website, but got an email from Real about it this afternoon. Based on the Rad Ripper. “A rip-roaring, radically fun, small-wave slasher.”

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
They're in a couple of the shops around here and I've checked em out in person. Like SBD said, feels like a sensible cheater shortboard. Domed deck, lower rocker, full-ish but not bloated dims. Looks fun to me too. Between this and an RNF96, you could build a nice understated-lams-for-a-Mayhem mini quiver.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Isn’t this just a contest version of the RR for KA and friends?

if so, it probably is horrible for normies.

Reactions: Sauce

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Dont like the pictures i see. Cant really see it being better than the rad ripper.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I really like the original Baby Buggy I had back in the day and was disappointed when they changed the dims and then discontinued it. This looks like a nice replacement for that.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I really like the original Baby Buggy I had back in the day and was disappointed when they changed the dims and then discontinued it. This looks like a nice replacement for that.
I'm pretty much certain you could still order a Baby Buggy and given your affinity for/relationship with Sunrise, and their status as both a lost and Inspired shop, my guess is if you ordered a C4 you'd have a fun wave shortboard in your hands in mid-late May.

I'm on Baby Buggy #2 and I've had a Rad Ripper since mid-fall, so they've been the shortboard quiver.

RR - gets into waves a little better, gets down the line especially in flatter-faced surf better
BB - better in tighter transitions, a little more hold, wants a hair more finesse

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I'm pretty much certain you could still order a Baby Buggy and given your affinity for/relationship with Sunrise, and their status as both a lost and Inspired shop, my guess is if you ordered a C4 you'd have a fun wave shortboard in your hands in mid-late May.

I'm on Baby Buggy #2 and I've had a Rad Ripper since mid-fall, so they've been the shortboard quiver.

RR - gets into waves a little better, gets down the line especially in flatter-faced surf better
BB - better in tighter transitions, a little more hold, wants a hair more finesse
Never really been interested in the C4 stuff. I’m more of a PU devotee. My experience with the epoxy boards I’ve had is that it’s fun/exciting for a while and then I end up yearning for that PU feel. And we all know if one wants a PU Lost boar, then it’s in one’s best interest to grab one off the rack vs ordering a custom.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I don’t see it on the Lost website, but got an email from Real about it this afternoon. Based on the Rad Ripper. “A rip-roaring, radically fun, small-wave slasher.”

CI brought back The Dumpster Diver this year too. The two look nearly identical.

Reactions: Goofy_Footed
Mar 15, 2022
Went to Surfride and felt up a Ripper today. Also fondled a Dumpster Diver 2 and a Red Tiger. All three boards seem legit. The Rippers nose is a little more pulled in than the DD2. Side by side the DD2 looks to have a straighter outline.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Spent a lil time this rainy afternoon putzing around Surf Ride and decided to compare the Ripper with Dumpster Diver 2

Ripper 5’11 x 20 x 2.5 at 32.2 liters
DD2 5’10 x 20 x 2.56 at 32.4 liters

Outlines are very similar

IMG_3183.jpeg
IMG_3186.jpeg

DD2 felt more foiled and refined than the Ripper under arm even though the written dims would suggest otherwise

Ripper tons of vee out the tail, DD2 looks flat

IMG_3184.jpeg
IMG_3187.jpeg

also, side note, the DD2 glass job felt pretty nice, and not fragile like most people on here tend to complain about CIs

Last edited: