New Ford Bronco to be released on...

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
The August Consumer Reports contained some results from their survey of car owners that ranked average maintenance and repair costs at 5 years and at 10 years by brand. The least expensive: Chrysler.

Shocking!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I think I'm done with Ford. I've been a loyal Ford product owner my entire adult life. I'd been thinking about getting one of the new Broncos when my current lease ends but I'm a little pissed off now. A little over a year ago the paint on the edges of the hood of my less than 2 year old Ford Fusion started bubbling up and coming off. It was obvious that the aluminum under the paint was oxidizing and turning to white powder causing the paint to come off. I took it to the dealer and they said it was not covered by the warranty. It took a couple of weeks of making a stink with both the dealership and calling Ford directly before they relented and replaced the hood of the car under warranty.

Fast forward to yesterday. I go to put washer fluid in my wife's 2018 Explorer that only has 15K miles on it and the exact same thing is starting to happen to the edges of the hood on this car as well. MFer!!!!

Then I come across this on the web this morning after thinking this is too much of a coincidence for me to have the exact same thing happen on two Ford vehicles manufactured within a year of one another.

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Had an old Ford ranger with a perpetual Check Engine Light. nobody could sort it out and it would fix itself jsut long enough to clear the smog inspections and then light up again shortly after. mechanics would always shrug at what the cause was saying it otherwise ran fine like it was a normal to constantly have the light on.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think I'm done with Ford. I've been a loyal Ford product owner my entire adult life. I'd been thinking about getting one of the new Broncos when my current lease ends but I'm a little pissed off now. A little over a year ago the paint on the edges of the hood of my less than 2 year old Ford Fusion started bubbling up and coming off. It was obvious that the aluminum under the paint was oxidizing and turning to white powder causing the paint to come off. I took it to the dealer and they said it was not covered by the warranty. It took a couple of weeks of making a stink with both the dealership and calling Ford directly before they relented and replaced the hood of the car under warranty.

Fast forward to yesterday. I go to put washer fluid in my wife's 2018 Explorer that only has 15K miles on it and the exact same thing is starting to happen to the edges of the hood on this car as well. MFer!!!!

Then I come across this on the web this morning after thinking this is too much of a coincidence for me to have the exact same thing happen on two Ford vehicles manufactured within a year of one another.

American engineering is following the manufacturing either offshore or downhill. See Boeing's latest problems.