New Fee at Restaurants: "Security Fee"

Pescado713

Nep status
May 2, 2019
Goddamn gentrification.

Just when you think downtown LA can't get douchier...
how do they propose protecting you from someone with a gun? and also, aren't they liable if your security is compromised?

here in CR we had a spate of killings in Dec/Jan/Feb, it was just swept under the rug and life went on.....

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
how do they propose protecting you from someone with a gun? and also, aren't they liable if your security is compromised?

here in CR we had a spate of killings in Dec/Jan/Feb, it was just swept under the rug and life went on.....
An overcooked steak that you can use as body armor?

If restaurants want to find new ways to price themselves out of business, that's on them.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Perch has always been stupid. Great location but everything else about it is mid as fuck. The funny thing is it’s a rooftop restaurant you have to take an elevator up to the door. Only “security” they need is 1 to 2 guys downstairs at the elevator.
The only way to get to a rooftop restaurant in earthquake central is an elevator?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The only way to get to a rooftop restaurant in earthquake central is an elevator?
I’m sure there are staircases and emergency exits. My point is that it’s not the kinda of place that’s going to have riff raff stumbling in from the streets, it’s pretty isolated.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Mike’s Place, Tel Aviv next door to the US Embassy. Great place to go if you craved non-kosher Western style bar food. Owned by a Canadian-Israeli business man. Late April, 2003 a suicide bomber lit up the entrance after being stopped by security. Guard, bomber and 4-5 patrons killed by the blast. Had the bomber entered the bar/restaurant the casualties would likely have been substantial. After clean-up and repairs, Mike’s Place reopened with SRO crowds. There was a bucket for change/shekels for the guards family. We have it good in the US.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I’m sure there are staircases and emergency exits. My point is that it’s not the kinda of place that’s going to have riff raff stumbling in from the streets, it’s pretty isolated.
Let's open a swanky restaurant near some homeless people in LA and charge a security fee, and anyone who complains we holler round the way and they get jumped leaving the building?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Let's open a swanky restaurant near some homeless people in LA and charge a security fee, and anyone who complains we holler round the way and they get jumped leaving the building?
It’s not that close to skid row. It’s overlooking Pershing square. You may have to step over the occasional river of **** to get to the door but it’s not like there are encampments on the sidewalk. I’m in that area all the time and it’s pretty dead after 6pm. But I’d in no way call it dangerous.

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
Mike’s Place, Tel Aviv next door to the US Embassy. Great place to go if you craved non-kosher Western style bar food. Owned by a Canadian-Israeli business man. Late April, 2003 a suicide bomber lit up the entrance after being stopped by security. Guard, bomber and 4-5 patrons killed by the blast. Had the bomber entered the bar/restaurant the casualties would likely have been substantial. After clean-up and repairs, Mike’s Place reopened with SRO crowds. There was a bucket for change/shekels for the guards family. We have it good in the US.
Makes you wonder why he left Canada :shrug:

Reactions: john4surf