Never forget…

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Sadly, politics has now infected many people's trust in the nation's public health system.

At some time in the not too distant future, there will be another pandemic that will be much worse than Covid. Instead of one million deaths there will be several million. Many if not most of those deaths likely will easily be prevented except for this politics-based distrust in the public health system.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Sadly, politics has now infected many people's trust in the nation's public health system.

At some time in the not too distant future, there will be another pandemic that will be much worse than Covid. Instead of one million deaths there will be several million. Many if not most of those deaths likely will easily be prevented except for this politics-based distrust in the public health system.
Because they overshot their shot for COVID

Classic cry-wolf situation

This is even more reason why the terrible decisions made should be punished. If the government decides to put extreme limits on people's freedoms, they better be damn sure its because the alternative is worse. A bad flu isn't a reason

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Because they overshot their shot for COVID

Classic cry-wolf situation

This is even more reason why the terrible decisions made should be punished. If the government decides to put extreme limits on people's freedoms, they better be damn sure its because the alternative is worse. A bad flu isn't a reason
Classic from the guy who’s entire world view is molded by Twitter clowns who are easily disproven.

Reactions: afoaf

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that this was known to be a bioweapon or at the very least an experiment gone bad from the jump. Hence the rush to the extreme measures. We didn't do this for the early SARS, Bird Flu, Pig Flu etc. Intelligence agencies briefed Congress and they responded . .. Once they had a chance to dump all their stonks, of course.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that this was known to be a bioweapon or at the very least an experiment gone bad from the jump. Hence the rush to the extreme measures. We didn't do this for the early SARS, Bird Flu, Pig Flu etc. Intelligence agencies briefed Congress and they responded . .. Once they had a chance to dump all their stonks, of course.
These are my thoughts exactly, it was either a bioweapon or an experiment gone bad, hence the worldwide insanity. The governments were communicated this, and reacted accordingly

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I said exactly this a week or two into the lockdowns.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Read Rage by Woodwood.

He interviews CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield and Mathew Pottinger who were part of trumps covid team. They discuss in great detail China's stonewalling at the beginning of the outbreak.

It's fun to make stuff up. But if you wanted an accurate picture you could look at multiple reports. And try to put that in your story.

Reactions: afoaf

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Read Rage by Woodwood.

He interviews CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield and Mathew Pottinger who were part of trumps covid team. They discuss in great detail China's stonewalling at the beginning of the outbreak.

It's fun to make stuff up. But if you wanted an accurate picture you could look at multiple reports. And try to put that in your story.
What you said I don’t doubt and supports my theory above.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
What you said I don’t doubt and supports my theory above.
Read the book.

The previous viruses were caught in time.

Remember trump got rid of the early warning teams in Asia.

The key is early containment.

That didn't happen with covid.

IT could be a bioweapon but it could have just jumped species

Jumping is something that happens.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Read the book.

The previous viruses were caught in time.

Remember trump got rid of the early warning teams in Asia.
Obama had a whole playbook drawn up on how to handle a Pandemic and Trump threw it away solely because it came from the Obama Admin. What great leadership!

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot