Need Surfboard Recommendation

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
I'm 6'0 190lbs and I'm looking for surfboard recommendations. I surf in Malibu, el Porto and sometimes Trestles and San Clemente Pier.

I prefer steep crunchy waves over flat weak waves but when in malibu the waves are usually mellow. A boring funboard shape would probably not be a good choice for me as I'm into airs and cutbacks.

I work alot so I get to surf maybe once a week so I do get tired easily in large surf. The only workouts I get are the ones where I'm on top of my GF. I'm also looking at a catch surf RNF just for fun and the 5'5 looks the best but I think that might be too small. I might have to do the 5'11. The 6'5 might have too much float.

Somebody said a 6'0 flounder pounder would be ideal too.

For my size what do you think the CL volume should be.

PS, im really good once I stand up but I suck at at catching waves due to a minor back problem.

Thanks for looking out :shaka:

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
But in all seriousness, you really should do yourself a favor and quit surfing. It seems to be causing you too much to think about, especially when you should be focusing more on being on top of your GF more....you know, since she’s probably totally real and all.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
before we even go to brand can we discuss volume/size/length
Volume - almost universally surveys have said the thicker the better at least within reason
Length - average length is something around 5 but when real life 3d modeling was used most preferred around 6.
Size - as above. Bottom line is stay on the safe side of things... not too long, to short, or too thick. And not too thin.

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
I recommend a firewire Evo at 6’4”. It’s just under 50L which is ideal imho