Nearly 50% of LGBT teens considered suicide last year - with nearly one-fifth of transgender men attempting to end their lives

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Really? You think so?

View attachment 179420

Do you believe we are in a natural warming period or cooling period?

And when we look at previous ice ages from a macro-standpoint, do we really have a snapshot of the rate of increases, whether it was incremental or in fits and starts? For comparison's sake, if you looked at the movement of the San Andreas Fault over a 10 million period, it moves smooth as butter. But as we know, based on our respective longevity perspective, it moves 20 feet, then dormant for a few centuries, etc. Hardly moving at a steady and incremental rate. What makes you think climate change is any different in that sense as we are on the back end of an ice age cycle?

Will there be a hockey stick/cascade at some point? sh!t yes.

Can we do anything about it? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
The rate of change is faster than a natural process. Did not have you figured for denier, is it not happening or a natural process in your view?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The rate of change is faster than a natural process. Did not have you figured for denier, is it not happening or a natural process in your view?
DO you know that? How? Which previous warming periods out of an ice age are you comparing this to?

You can argue the amount of change over several thousands of years but on a decade by decade basis going back hundreds of thousands of years, we don't know the respective rates of change. Not even close.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
DO you know that? How? Which previous warming periods out of an ice age are you comparing this to?

You can argue the amount of change over several thousands of years but on a decade by decade basis going back hundreds of thousands of years, we don't know the respective rates of change. Not even close.
I only know what the majority of scientists say, are you a climatologist?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I only know what the majority of scientists say, are you a climatologist?
Saying "the majority of scientists" with nothing behind it is no different than Trump pontificating "Everyone is saying that..." :socrazy:

Not a climatologist but a geologist and in my line of work, I get a lot of climate change/sea level rise topics crossing my desk. I would never consider myself an expert on climate science but there is a lot more chicken-littling than really is necessary.

And you still didn't really answer the question of how you know that the rate of temperature increase on a decade-by-decade basis in this ice age is different from other ice ages.

1714687830385.png

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Really? You think so?

View attachment 179420

Do you believe we are in a natural warming period or cooling period?

And when we look at previous ice ages from a macro-standpoint, do we really have a snapshot of the rate of increases, whether it was incremental or in fits and starts? For comparison's sake, if you looked at the movement of the San Andreas Fault over a 10 million period, it moves smooth as butter. But as we know, based on our respective longevity perspective, it moves 20 feet, then dormant for a few centuries, etc. Hardly moving at a steady and incremental rate. What makes you think climate change is any different in that sense as we are on the back end of an ice age cycle?

Will there be a hockey stick/cascade at some point? sh!t yes.

Can we do anything about it? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Pics or it didn't happen.:drowning:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Saying "the majority of scientists" with nothing behind it is no different than Trump pontificating "Everyone is saying that..." :socrazy:

Not a climatologist but a geologist and in my line of work, I get a lot of climate change/sea level rise topics crossing my desk. I would never consider myself an expert on climate science but there is a lot more chicken-littling than really is necessary.

And you still didn't really answer the question of how you know that the rate of temperature increase on a decade-by-decade basis in this ice age is different from other ice ages.

View attachment 179424
The excepted view of actual climatologists is that is completely manmade and rate of change is faster. You being a geologist obviously know better. Pretty funny you are the one on Gromsdad's team on this one.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I can think of nothing more futile than worrying about things that are completely out of your control.
That I agree with, I do not worry about it is a done deal, greed, stupidity and convenience won, que sera sera.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The excepted view of actual climatologists is that is completely manmade and rate of change is faster. You being a geologist obviously know better. Pretty funny you are one on Gromsdad's on this one.
Where is this view?

You are not being very scientific and I'm not playing fetch for you.

But I'll help you out on one. How do they know that the overall rate of change is faster if it hasn't topped out yet with the knowledge that asymptotes exist?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Hence the self loathing and guilt I was mentioning the other day
It's more prevalent than ever in recent decades.

Not since MAD dayz of 60's/70's/80's did we have such diffidence.
Particularly in young white males. The worst persons of all, by todays woke standards.

Last edited:

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
The excepted view of actual climatologists is that is completely manmade and rate of change is faster. You being a geologist obviously know better. Pretty funny you are the one on Gromsdad's team on this one.
There are quite a few that don't view it that way too. They just don't get the airplay. When discussing the earth, you need to think in millions and millions of years, not decades. But don't listen to me, I'm just a dumb pump salesman.

Reactions: Ifallalot and Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Ok, you know better than Climatologists
I don't.

That's why I am asking those questions.

You are apparently extremely well-versed on the accepted climatologist view so please, provide details. Abstracts are fine as far as jumping off points.

Otherwise, you're coming off as:

1714688997766.png

Reactions: Ifallalot

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don't.

That's why I am asking those questions.

You are apparently extremely well-versed on the accepted climatologist view so please, provide details. Abstracts are fine as far as jumping off points.

Otherwise, you're coming off as:

View attachment 179428
The geologist who knows climate better than climatologists. I refuse to link articles so you could just use google?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Annual sea level rise rate trend charts. See any changes in rise rates yet?

Sea level rise rates at 4 corners of USA at locations NOT sinking due to subsidence (usually from swampland fill dredging 100-200+ years ago. East and Gulf coast USA harbor areas are notorious for sinking locations, sinking as fast or faster than sea level rise rates. So double/triple whammy for them)

You can see the retreat in above average rise rate from kind of strong El Nino conditions last year.
You can also see the spikes in rise rates during most all the recent strong El Nino events (1983, '97, 2015).
Thermal expansion due to warmer than normal coastal temps rises sea levels, temporarily.

Oh wait! East coast USA is seeing s little spike in rise rate the last year.
Hockey stick start? Or La Nina warming that side of the Atlantic?

These charts history are a blink of an eye, geologically.

For metric challenged, 2.5mm is about 1/10 of an inch. So, 10 years to get 1 inch of sea level rise at that rate. 100 years to get the big 10 inch of rise. And that's on the high end for many locations.

How many FEET of sea level rise are "they" predicting by 2030, 2050, 2100 again?

We need that hockey stick real quick, at this rate.

Last edited: