Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Pyzel seems like a really good dude.
Surprised to hear some of the boards that his team guys dislike I.e. Pyzalien
Good info in the eps/epoxy vs pu discussion they had
Also interesting discussion on board weight and planing

(y)(y)
My early impression is the Pyzalien is more forgiving and has a more user-friendly rocker than some of the other Pyzels based off the ghost.
I can see younger elite-level surfers wanting even more HP and sensitivity from their SBs

Reactions: emmohl80 and Aruka

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Picked up this Pyzalian years ago from a restaurant owner on the northshore which ended up a bit too small for my 195-200 overweight frame so when I left my last employer I gave it away as a going away gift to one of my project managers who used to be a japanese pro in her youth. She had just broken her board at diamondhead and was looking at ordering a new one. I liked the pyzalian shape compared to my custom coil but it was a tad too small for my age and weight. I guess I was dreaming of getting back in shape when I got it. I don't know why, but in his early days I used to get Pyzel and Bungeeman mixed up but GG set me straight as this was before he became popular.

20141225_103341.jpg
20141225_103500.jpg
20141225_103514.jpg

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
My pleasure. Glad you really like it, mate.

Are the McCallums working well in it?

Last edited:

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Got a confession to make: sold my pyzalien. It was the most versatile and solid board I've ever had, but sometimes lacked the spark that say a Driver has for me. Ordered an inferno ft instead, but got a feeling that I'll be crawling back to the pyzalien remorsefully at some point

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Got a confession to make: sold my pyzalien. It was the most versatile and solid board I've ever had, but sometimes lacked the spark that say a Driver has for me. Ordered an inferno ft instead, but got a feeling that I'll be crawling back to the pyzalien remorsefully at some point
Same exact issue with my HS Untitled. It's a fantastic board that does everything I want it to, but it's a little bland and lacks the spice of my asyms.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Out of the 5 I've had, I think my top 3 was Ghost, Shadow, Gremlin. Still have the Ghost and regret selling my Shadow. Pyzalien felt like it had a big range or a board you could keep in your vehicle that would work most days.

Great vid, they should pull Jon onto those more.

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Out of the 5 I've had, I think my top 3 was Ghost, Shadow, Gremlin. Still have the Ghost and regret selling my Shadow. Pyzalien felt like it had a big range or a board you could keep in your vehicle that would work most days.

Great vid, they should pull Jon onto those more.
Id probaby go ghost, shadow, phantom. Gremlin i ordered too big so i didnt click with it but my friend who bought it off me loved it.

I havent pyzaliened myself but my local nemesis just got one and he surfs it pretty well.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Oregon coastal tensiones
As the world turns.

He's not really my nemesis, he's just a weirdo who moved here a couple years ago and he's pretty much at the local spot every day. He leaves his somewhat unfriendly dog off leash while he surfs so everyone loves that a lot. Another surfer couple live next door to him and they've had lots of drama with him. Sometimes he's nice, other times he is stone faced. The local lady surfers find him creepy. Someone recently told me hes into drugs which would make a lot of sense. Santa Cruz trust fund kid (he's like 30), I think.

But anyways, he surfs pretty good and he surfs the Pyzalien noticeably better than his other weird bonzer sh1t or the old, brown banana rockered thruster he was on for a while. He's a bit smaller than me so otherwise i'd ask to take it for a spin. I've fondled a couple Pyzaliens but they've all been too small.