My Kids Get Me SO STOCKED!!!

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
I'm at work and my daughter just texted me, asking about some old song. Next thing I know, I've gone down the YouTube rabbit hole, sending her all these great videos of the music of my youth. She loved them and we totally connected.
How did my kids go from this little blob of flesh who needed me to hold and take care of them, to these rad people who have really cool opinions and funny things to say?
Best vibe ever.

Oh yeah, and my boy scored two trys at the South OC youth rugby tournament yesterday!

Surf related because of.........Stock!

Q_Surf

Duke status
May 5, 2003
world's largest oregon
mad respect firebird!

i love to see 'rents stocked on their rugrats. we had a houseful last night that we get to aunt/uncle. crazy cool watching them grow and learn...

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Cool firebird, can't wait for my kid to grow up and start tripping me out! I'm gonna enjoy while he's still a tiny buggar though.

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
Iceman said:
Sick! Which songs did you send her?
Santa Cruz's own, Neil Young!
Actually, my parents music. From when I was a little guy.
She was asking about Carol King and the songs from the Tapestry album. She couldn't remember her name and wanted to look her up. She is in the choir, which got me to thinking about harmony. Which led me to Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Which led me to Neil Young. Then a little Joni Mitchell. Music that reminds me of being a kid, hanging at the beach with my parents. Stevie Nicks, Steely Dan, etc.

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
Proud Dad brag:
I've been working a lot at my job and around the house the last few days, I've been tired and fell asleep while putting my 5yo to bed last night. I woke up in the morning and my 8yo daughter had my bathroom items laid out (razor, shaving cream deo, toothpaste), made breakfast for me, picked out my work clothes, and got me a snack to take to work. Did that completely on her own, just blew me away. I do miss them being 1 or 2, but they get even more awesome as they get older (I hope I can still say this in another 5+ years).

Firebird, that's a rad story, good on ya for being a great father.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
RemyXO said:
Proud Dad brag:
I've been working a lot at my job and around the house the last few days, I've been tired and fell asleep while putting my 5yo to bed last night. I woke up in the morning and my 8yo daughter had my bathroom items laid out (razor, shaving cream deo, toothpaste), made breakfast for me, picked out my work clothes, and got me a snack to take to work.
Wow. That is remarkable. She's an amazing kid.

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
RemyXO said:
Proud Dad brag:
I've been working a lot at my job and around the house the last few days, I've been tired and fell asleep while putting my 5yo to bed last night. I woke up in the morning and my 8yo daughter had my bathroom items laid out (razor, shaving cream deo, toothpaste), made breakfast for me, picked out my work clothes, and got me a snack to take to work. Did that completely on her own, just blew me away. I do miss them being 1 or 2, but they get even more awesome as they get older (I hope I can still say this in another 5+ years).

Firebird, that's a rad story, good on ya for being a great father.
I love it!