Multiple levels of insanity…

I live at the opposite end of I-5, so I’m not as tuned into the news of San Diego as a lot of you… The article below came up on my news feed today.

A wave park, 10 miles from the ocean…???… I don’t get it.

In the article it says: “About 5.2 million gallons of water will be required to fill the wave lagoon and about 4 million gallons will be lost annually to evaporation, he said. An 18-hole golf course in California uses about 90 million gallons annually, according to the California Alliance for golf.”

Whoa, that’s insane…!!!…
Taking to the next step…
Number of Golf Courses in the State of California: 921

921 x 90,000,000 = 82,890,000,000 gallons.
Close to 83 billion gallons…!!!..
For golf…???…

Reactions: SlicedFeet

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I live at the opposite end of I-5, so I’m not as tuned into the news of San Diego as a lot of you… The article below came up on my news feed today.

A wave park, 10 miles from the ocean…???… I don’t get it.

In the article it says: “About 5.2 million gallons of water will be required to fill the wave lagoon and about 4 million gallons will be lost annually to evaporation, he said. An 18-hole golf course in California uses about 90 million gallons annually, according to the California Alliance for golf.”

Whoa, that’s insane…!!!…
Taking to the next step…
Number of Golf Courses in the State of California: 921

921 x 90,000,000 = 82,890,000,000 gallons.
Close to 83 billion gallons…!!!..
For golf…???…
3 miles from ocean, in SoCal which is basically built on a desert, in a state that is supposedly in a 22yr drought. Goddamn society is fucked. :roflmao:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
3 miles from ocean, in SoCal which is basically built on a desert, in a state that is supposedly in a 22yr drought. Goddamn society is fucked. :roflmao:
Profit beats common sense and decency every time

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Probably opening a pandora here, but what's the truth about water tables?

Enviro nuts claim it's way down low and wells have to be dug much deeper. Others claim we have more water down there than our population can use in 100s of years. Should I start trading water to build up my stacks?

When fake lawn for everyone?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Seems like they could use inland ocean bays (SD, SF, etc) and make saltwater versions of these. id Wonder if the saltwater corrosion upkeep $> freshwater version$?

Reactions: PLJ and Autoprax

erik1938

Legend (inyourownmind)
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME ADMIN. Just a look at the water level at lake mead should tell you something.
Worst drought in 1200 years in the western US. Although I dont believe everything that I see on tv or the internet at some point you have to trust the scientists at the USGS. J.F.C. I'm totally dismayed that you would question something like this.
If they are lying to us please tell me for what purpose?

• Haha
Reactions: r32