Mountain Lion Terrorizes the "Port Streets" Newport Beach

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
My wife told me about it yesterday.
Freaked me out, because my 14 boy roams those streets after dark all of the time with his high school buddies.

abalone

Michael Peterson status
Jan 16, 2002
Terrorizing? Poor guy just trying to find a place to rest. Was in our neighborhood earlier in the day yesterday, neighbor's Ring camera caught it at 4 am jumping a fence into their backyard near Corona del Mar HS, then jumping back out a while later. Making the rounds.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Terrorizing? Poor guy just trying to find a place to rest. Was in our neighborhood earlier in the day yesterday, neighbor's Ring camera caught it at 4 am jumping a fence into their backyard near Corona del Mar HS, then jumping back out a while later. Making the rounds.
If a mountain lion jumped my neighbor‘s fence, I’d be kinda terrorized
definitely would think about if if I’m just sitting outside trying to relax after doing yard work all day

are people just more used to them and know how to handle them, or are people freaked out?

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
This happened just outside some people's fence down island and near a well-used hiking/dog-walking trail.
Cougar on a deer.

CougarDeerNeckBite.jpg

Here's a couple lounging around somewhere down near Sooke.

CougarsLoungingDaytime.jpg

Couple of curious youngsters.
CougarKits.png

Lots of Cougars on Vancouver Island but few bad events with them.

One jumped a kid walking to school at Gold River some years back but didn't kill him.

Another did kill someone along the Heber River many moons ago too, but generally most people here are aware of them.

Nice to know some still exist way down in SoCal.

Take care.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
This happened just outside some people's fence down island and near a well-used hiking/dog-walking trail.
Cougar on a deer.

View attachment 130145

Here's a couple lounging around somewhere down near Sooke.

View attachment 130146

Couple of curious youngsters.
View attachment 130147

Lots of Cougars on Vancouver Island but few bad events with them.

One jumped a kid walking to school at Gold River some years back but didn't kill him.

Another did kill someone along the Heber River many moons ago too, but generally most people here are aware of them.

Nice to know some still exist way down in SoCal.

Take care.
If we were to believe shackwell the OC is loaded with cougars.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I used to think I could kick a dog's ass.

Then I had a dog charge me to bite me in Vietnam and I was amazed at its speed. At the last second it veered off. but it totally could have gotten some bites and backed off out of reach.

Think of how fast a big cat is going to come at you.

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
If we were to believe shackwell the OC is loaded with cougars.

Here's my local favorite Cougar. She's 59 and her old man is 54, so she fits the definition for you guys.
To me she's a "hot young chick". LOL

JoJoPink.jpg

She and a much shorter girlfriend visited Hawaii a few years back as JoJo has a sister there.

JoJoLoriTurtleBay.jpg

Photo at Turtle Bay with JoJo on right and Lori on the left.

Both are really nice people aside from their good looks too.
Bonus.

Take care.

• Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta