Moscow Mule

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Cock n Bull is the best Ginger beer IMO. Getting trickier to find because the beverage distribution industry is such a bloodbath but it's around.

the cherry version with whiskey and a merishino cherry is :beer: :beer: :beer:

Reactions: keenfish

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Lots of noob bartenders botch manhattans as well. They make them like dry martinis with a pizz-squirt swirl and dump instead of a 4:1 or 3:1 bourbon:sweet vermouth ratio.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
During a different career/period of my life, I managed to grab a bottle of North Korean whiskey. Never had the courage to drink any much less open it. I would guess 20% of the bottle has evaporated which is probably why my liver is still working fine!

7AE0FE91-03AF-4236-B7E7-5A7A69B93B7F.jpeg

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
If your drink has an umbrella or fruit on the rim of the glass, it may be a bit girlie.
When we were younger we had an Irish bartender at one of our locals. Like fresh from Belfast, u2 worshipping most people couldn’t understand him Irish.
We became fast friends. I remember his rule, no more than 3 ingredients and ice counts as one hahahaha

God bless ya Morgan

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
There are some elite, best in the world caliber rums (sort of) coming out of cuba. I got lucky only a couple of times in all my rum drinking years
Just because it's Cuban does not make it good, just rare.

The best aged rums in the world are coming from Jamaica: Hampden, Forsyths, and Worthy Park distilleries, all of which have been making rum for hundred of years but rarely if ever bottled under their own names for export. They sold to independent bottlers in UK and Italy (oddly). They are expensive and worth every dollar. They are incredible, amazing products.

The best white rums are Clairin, (various distillers) from Haiti, and Paranubes from Oaxaca.

PM Spirits and La Maison and Velier are the main importers of these rums to the US. These are the two best importers of just about anything into the US not from Mexico. Cognac, Armagnac, whiskey, Mezcal, Clairin (Haitian agricole style r(h)ums). Most of these are in California and NY/NJ.

This was from when I was sharing some with The Crepe Place in Santa Cruz.

messages_0 (10).jpeg

And that is proper glassware for most spirits. Those bottles would be at least $90 retail.

That 2011 Hampden (it was 8 years aged) is one of the best things I have eve had in my mouth, and that includes pussies. Thing about rum aged in Jamaica is it "develops" faster than those rums aged in Continental climates, so that 8 years in Jamaica is the equivalent "age" of 25 years in UK.

Last edited:

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Lots of noob bartenders botch manhattans as well. They make them like dry martinis with a pizz-squirt swirl and dump instead of a 4:1 or 3:1 bourbon:sweet vermouth ratio.
A correct Manhattan is 2:1 whiskey to red vermouth, with some bitters (2-3 dashes). Also, if you walk into a bar and see vermouth on the counter, don't get a Manhattan. Vermouth MUST be refrigerated.

Old Fashioned's are my new jam :beer:
I love a good mint julip but a lot of bartenders botch them, and even if they know they take forever to make, so I usually only have them at home.
Juleps are a PITA and take a lot of time to make correctly. High volume bars, well...I understand why they don't.

As for the OP, Mules are for everyone. If you need to wag your dick, get a Kentucky Mule with bourbon, or use rye, or rum.

Reactions: grapedrink

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I always made them less sweet (and the way I liked to drink them). Plus, it's easier and more cost effective to fix a drink that's not sweet enough than one that's too sweet. Sorta like trying to fix an overcooked steak.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Funny thing about "girl drinks," so many women ask for "Skinny Margaritas, as if it's the .25 oz of sugar syrup added that is the problem. It's the alcohol, dumbasses.

Also the Espresso Martini and Midori Sour are both girl drinks.

WindowLicker

Nep status
Aug 4, 2021
Funny thing about "girl drinks," so many women ask for "Skinny Margaritas, as if it's the .25 oz of sugar syrup added that is the problem. It's the alcohol, dumbasses.

Midori Sour are both girl drinks.
not if you spike with pinappple ciroc :beer: