Morning of the Earth

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Almost one year after they were originally due and 19 months after my order was originally placed, my MOTEs should be arriving next week. Got a 6'2 AuGoGo and a 7'4 Massive on the way. Apart from numerous mix-ups and delays, Simon was a lovely guy to deal with. He's giving me a discount on the AuGoGo and offered to put my next order on express service to make up for the wait.
and u could have a quiver of albums in that time frame dialed and ready to go lolz.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Handshapes each board.

Glasses each board.

Sands each board.

Fins each board.

Does all his own color work.

No ghostshapers. No laminators. No sanders interpreting what he wants in his shapes.

If you don't like the wait, don't order one.
I'm not ordering one.

It's just amusing, on the part of the customer.

Also, pretty rare for one guy to be able to do all those things well.

And sanders tend to be able to interpret what shapers want well enough for the pro'z when they're dialed in.

Reactions: sdsrfr and Havoc

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Hasn’t Simon Jones won every Stab EAST competition in which he entered boards?
I think it's hard to over state how influential Simon has been. With Torren riding his craft he's had a huge impact on the surfboard market over the past 5-10 years. Basically no one was riding big twins or channel twins a decade ago and now nearly every builder has their own version and many surfers have one in their quiver.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Handshapes each board.

Glasses each board.

Sands each board.

Fins each board.

Does all his own color work.

No ghostshapers. No laminators. No sanders interpreting what he wants in his shapes.

If you don't like the wait, don't order one.
He's been farming at least some (if not all) of the glassing out to a local shop though.
So the boards travel from Byron to the Sunshine Coast and then back again. Carbon footprint getting ever larger for a mung bean image.

Last edited:

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
I think it's hard to over state how influential Simon has been. With Torren riding his craft he's had a huge impact on the surfboard market over the past 5-10 years. Basically no one was riding big twins or channel twins a decade ago and now nearly every builder has their own version and many surfers have one in their quiver.
He was a big part of what got people onto hp twins as well.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
hez the next rich pavel where people end up dying before their boar gets shaped...

19 month wait lmfao. wait nearly 2 years and get it smashed by an adult learner on a torque popout.. then another 2 year wait for a replacement haha
man who pissed in your cheerios this morning? :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: sushipop

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
He definitely didn't do the glassing or colours on these ones because that's one of the things that went wrong. I asked for blue grey and got "dark denim" and my friend who joined the order asked for teal and got baby blue. Also, the fins are his design, but they're made by Need Essentials.

I'll wait until I actually get them in my hands, but my next order would be a 6'0 triple stringer Fiji in seafoam white. Probably turn out to be a 7'10 pink dildo...