More leftist economic struggles

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Nobody wants to pay for this. Also nobody wants to confront the real issue, ever increasing gap between wages and COL.
You can't really believe that's what's driving the homeless crisis

If you were talking about poverty, food insecurity, crime, and a whole host of poverty-related problems you'd have a point, but homelessness is not one of those

Do you live in a really sheltered place without bums or something?

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

If you were talking about poverty, food insecurity, crime, and a whole host of poverty-related problems you'd have a point, but homelessness is not one of those

Homelessness is one of those obviously, but very on brand for you to deny it.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

People don’t flock to live outside where it snows.

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Did homelessness increase during the great depression?
Yes.

We're also not in a depression. There are plenty of jobs out there. These people don't want to work.

I also hear Ukraine needs some additional military personnel and hey, they're technically neutral like Switzerland. Given their living habits, they can probably scavenge weapons/armor/ammo pretty handily once they're over there.

That right there is a lot of tax dollars wiped off the books of several agencies at once.

I bet Russia would be happy to contribute some of theirs to the war effort too.

That could be the first step towards a peace treaty with this war. They really should put me in charge. I can see the way through a lot of these problems.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Chronic homelessness is a mental health and drug issue. When we talk about the homeless crisis that's what we're talking about. It's the zombie bums, not the temporarily displaced. That's acute homelessness
People poor does not aggravative mental illness? Being hopeless about future does not lead to drug use? Both of these do not lead to homelessness?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
People poor does not aggravative mental illness? Being hopeless about future does not lead to drug use? Both of these do not lead to homelessness?
Living on the street aggravates mental illness, but simple poverty doesn't

There are a whole host of things that lead to drug use. Hopelessness is pretty low on the totem pole

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Increasing gap between wages and COL and ever increasing income inequality.
So doesn't COL going up up up mean there IS inflation? :unsure:

And if unemployment is so low, why aren't wages increasing as employers compete for workers?

:shrug:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
So doesn't COL going up up up mean there IS inflation? :unsure:

And if unemployment is so low, why aren't wages increasing as employers compete for workers?

:shrug:
I have never said there was no inflation, have to ask an economist why wages are not keeping up with either productivity or COL but it is reality.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I have never said there was no inflation, have to ask an economist why wages are not keeping up with either productivity or COL but it is reality.
That changes a LOT of what I have been reading in this forum for the past year re inflation and unemployment.

Something isn't quite adding up (pun intended)

Reactions: Ifallalot

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That changes a LOT of what I have been reading in this forum for the past year re inflation and unemployment.

Something isn't quite adding up (pun intended)
The economy is doing well with some serious structural problems.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Thank you.

These people are carpetbaggers. They don't give a sh!t about anything except feathering their nest and making the connections to achieve higher office.

Oh yeah it was splendid having to distract the kids once again so they couldn't see the junkie twitching on the ground in the parking lot off the road. The amount of oh woe is me down on our luck homeless is probably less than 0.01%.

Too many decades of this bullshit. Make the penalty for persistent vagrancy immediate medically supervised detox followed by several hundreds (thousands?) of hours of chain-gang community service cleaning up the mess they have made - combine this penance with a national beautification movement. And yeah, it's either litter pickup or 24 hours in the tramp chair.

The problem is, that's a one-time expense so the agencies won't get their same budget (and same top-end skim) for the following fiscal year.
Nah man, according to fecal face you just hate homeless people.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Just plain wrong, homelessness is key indicator of an unhealthy society and the increasing difficulties making a living for the poor and middleclass is a large part of this.
Most of the homeless are drug addicts and/or mentally ill (arguably one and the same). Those who fall on hard times yet are otherwise mentally fit are the easiest for social services to help.