More classified documents found in Biden's Delaware garage, White House reveals

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You leftist idiots still haven't picked up on the leftist alleged "fact checkers'" claim that Obama's executive order gave Biden authority to declassify documents.

Obama's executive order is here:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/executive-order-classified-national-security-information

I scanned the document with a “find” instruction for "Vice President". I found that the document authorized Vice President Biden to classify documents, but did NOT authorize him to declassify documents.

Even if you were to make an argument that classification power implies declassification power, the executive order goes out of its way to separate classification authority from declassification authority, and specifies exactly who may declassify documents. The Vice President is not included in the people who may declassify documents.
literally NO ONE is talking about that here you fkn psychopath

tell us more about how Trump declassified the docs and why the judges got it all wrong, KrakenBerg

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I think we need to circle back to the lack of chain of custody aspect of this case. This is the real issue that needs to be addressed.
Why wasn't proper CoC protocols followed?
Who made the decision to circumvent the CoC protocols?
Should these documents be considered stolen goods?
Who had access to these documents during the years they were left in unsecured locations?
Are these document pertinent to national security?
Not to mention that they waited several weeks to publicly disclose these documents were found in unsecured locations?
Pretty sloppy all around.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I think we need to circle back to the lack of chain of custody aspect of this case. This is the real issue that needs to be addressed.
<Snip>
Are these document pertinent to national security?
<Snip>
Pretty sloppy all around.
I was an intelligence officer and issued badge/credentials as a special agent with the highest clearance and ‘handling’ classifications for ~7 years

I saw a photo in the news of a cover sheet in the garage that denotes the document attached to the cover sheet would be a Top Secret SCI classified document (I didn’t see any other cover sheets as the documents appeared stacked upon each other), SCI denotes ‘Sensitive Compartment or Compartmental Intelligence.’ TS SCI documents are “pertinent to national security.” Regulations and restrictions have likely changed numerous times since my discharge but handling, movement controls/storage, and reading TS SCI when I was active required not just the proper clearances but access to a ‘Tempest’ room or facility (I am confident the White House and certain offices in the Executive Office Building meet all Tempest requirements).

Mishandling of sensitive documents (back in the day) would typically result in non-judicial punishment all the way to court marshal and time in the brig or Fort Leavenworth.

Reactions: need 4 speed

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I was an intelligence officer and issued badge/credentials as a special agent with the highest clearance and ‘handling’ classifications for ~7 years

I saw a photo in the news of a cover sheet in the garage that denotes the document attached to the cover sheet would be a Top Secret SCI classified document (I didn’t see any other cover sheets as the documents appeared stacked upon each other), SCI denotes ‘Sensitive Compartment or Compartmental Intelligence.’ TS SCI documents are “pertinent to national security.” Regulations and restrictions have likely changed numerous times since my discharge but handling, movement controls/storage, and reading TS SCI when I was active required not just the proper clearances but access to a ‘Tempest’ room or facility (I am confident the White House and certain offices in the Executive Office Building meet all Tempest requirements).

Mishandling of sensitive documents (back in the day) would typically result in non-judicial punishment all the way to court marshal and time in the brig or Fort Leavenworth.
This is what my Dad, who voted for Biden, has a major issue with. He held a very high clearance as an employee of a major defense contractor and says he would have gone straight to Leavenworth if he did anything remotely close to what both Trump and Biden have done with these documents. This is a lot bigger than anyone is eluding to and should result is serious punishment for all parties involved.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
The “seriousness” of TS SCI (and other similar handling classifications) required that I ‘formally’ report to the DoD any intention or planned trips abroad for a year after my discharge. These are serious documents, particularly since names and/or details involving HUMINT sources in the document were highly ‘secured’ by the originating document author. The originating author (not the President or the Vice President) and immediate chain of command were the only authorized personnel to downgrade the document security clsssification.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Trump could have returned the docs and no one would have said anything.

IS biden fighting returning the docs?

Help me out my nwords

Also, punish bidden if you must.

Reactions: need 4 speed