Mike

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Never once mentioned kicking his thigh.
Sorry, I was responding to this what you wrote.
————————————-
There is zero threat from him going for a takedown so one could just chop away at his legs with impunity. His boxing stance puts his front leg right out there to get kicked. More importantly his stance leaves his leg out there for a person to easily dive in for an iminari roll to heel hook,

If he even knew what was happening he’d have no idea what to do about it and within a second or two his knee would destroyed and he’d probably never walk the same again.
—————————————-

He’s been familiar with MMA and kickboxing For years. I saw him at an old K1 event in Las Vegas. He was sitting right next to Ali too. That was cool.

I know boxing and Muay Thai, but nothing about grappeling. The Royce’s proved decades ago, they can get a boxer or Muay Thai guy down on the ground no problem. I contend, that out of ten times, a boxer like Tyson could knock out a grappler out 8 times out of those ten within 20 seconds. Especially with MMA gloves on.

It would be interesting to see both wear 12oz gloves.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Sorry, I was responding to this what you wrote.
————————————-
There is zero threat from him going for a takedown so one could just chop away at his legs with impunity. His boxing stance puts his front leg right out there to get kicked. More importantly his stance leaves his leg out there for a person to easily dive in for an iminari roll to heel hook,
Ah ok. Should have been more specific. You’d want to kick his calf, right below the knee. Keeps you out of range and each kick takes away mobility and power. Also a significant probability he’d get foot-drop.

I contend, that out of ten times, a boxer like Tyson could knock out a grappler out 8 times out of those ten within 20 seconds. Especially with MMA gloves on.
Well Mike Tyson himself disagrees with this assessment, as does a fairly consistent history of boxers fighting grapplers under mma rules.

It would be interesting to see both wear 12oz gloves.
Mike wins that fight probably every time.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Your front leg kicks to his calf wouldn’t do enough damage within even three rounds. Your weight is centered more towards your back leg alowing you to move back if need be if the gap is closed.

If you use your back leg to kick his front calf, you have just opened your stance and now wide open to any attack from a seasoned boxer And you yourself have just closed the gap.

The only way a boxer can defend a grappler is the knee to the head, but I’m not familiar with that.

Hey, if Mike says a grappler will take him down no problem in a fight, he knows a hell a lot more than me.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
What’s the goal, who’s the athlete and how much time for training/recovery do they have?

And what specifically do you have in mind when you say ‘strength training”
Just weightlifting in general as a way to stay healthy and fit. Gym 3-4 times per week

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Just weightlifting in general as a way to stay healthy and fit. Gym 3-4 times per week
Sure. If that’s what you want to do, go for it. Better that nothing.

I do a lot of body weight exercise, movement work and recently started moving a kettlebell around.

Lifting weights in a gym doesn’t appeal to me personally but there’s nothing wrong with it.

My son (16) wrestles, does BJJ, mountain bikes and also lifts in a gym. He’s a fucking beast.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Here's how this plays out.

Both enter ring.

Tyson dances about a bit sizing Duffy up.

Three seconds into the bout, Duffy goes for the ankle.

Finding himself in the Third row seats, he asks a patron "what happened!?!".

Patron responds, "I just blew good money on watching you get wasted by an uppercut. It was worth the Three seconds of my life though, just to witness a human body take flight lifeless like that. Never knew that was possible. Have fun with the wired shut jaw and eating out of a straw!"

End of bout, thread, dreams.

Funny thing is, he'd still be saying the same B.S. the following day, although through a wired jaw.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
“No- you just don’t understand.9/10 times I’d get the ankle and a heel hook” - Duffy Probably After getting blasted by a punch that nearly took his head clean off.

• Haha
Reactions: Muscles

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Snoop's calling of this fight and "shoes" comments was comedy gold. I thought the Ortiz/Segawa was FOTN and McKernon's taking of those blows without going down was insane.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Mike is still game. Duffy could have his chance!!!!
l dont know maaan. our boy duf would need some time to t up.

l mean... mike is what? 5-10 looking all of 220 and then some. duf by his own admission is only 6-2 190 internet scale.

i know duf is elite fighter schooled up at lezbester beach mma, but we are talking about 'i want to eat your children' mike friggin tyson

just doesnt seem fair. maybe we can petition mike to drop 10 lbs and only throw right hands. that might even it up a litte.

smart money still on mike though. win by ko in minute 1 rd 1

Last edited:
Reactions: rice and Leaverite

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
l dont know maaan. our boy duf would need some time to t up.

l mean... mike is what? 5-10 looking all of 220 and then some. duf by his own admission is only 6-2 190 internet scale.

i know duf is elite fighter schooled up at lezbester beach mma, but we are talking about 'i want to eat your children' mike friggin tyson

just doesnt seem fair. maybe we can petition mike to drop 10 lbs and only throw right hands. that might even it up a litte.

smart money still on mike though. win by ko in minute 1 rd 1
His victim said he was crushed by his body shots... The best post interview fightshow ever..... "Did I hurt you'??? "Hell yes you did"!!!

Toad Venom.... It lets you float outside your body. You are just a spectator, until you reach down and bite somebodies throat out.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
This is Mike.

Do you actually expect this to be a fair fight?????

All of your MMA stuff. He sees you and raises you...