Michigan school shooting.....

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yeah, I’m guessing it will be a cold day in hell before a black parent is charged because their teen child shot someone.

That said this woman was a special kind of idiot.
I agree

The problem with these people thirsting for judicial violence don't think about precedence and the implications of how this can be used in the future

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: kidfury and $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I agree

The problem with these people thirsting for judicial violence don't think about precedence and the implications of how this can be used in the future
I take it you agree when it comes to issues like presidential immunity?

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Have looked at the details of the case?
Yes.

It's usually you people who start whining WE ARE A COUNTRY OF LAWS when we discuss things like self defense or vigilante justice. In a country of laws, it's imperative that certain precedents aren't set and emotions don't override the law regardless of the details of certain cases

Are we punishing parents for the crimes of their teens now? I don't think you'll like how that ends up

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yes.

It's usually you people who start whining WE ARE A COUNTRY OF LAWS when we discuss things like self defense or vigilante justice. In a country of laws, it's imperative that certain precedents aren't set and emotions don't override the law regardless of the details of certain cases

Are we punishing parents for the crimes of their teens now? I don't think you'll like how that ends up
So the mother wasn't negligent?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Gun buying parents need to be held accountable
I have two friends that came out of Compton. Their parents were gangbangers. It was something like 4th generation. They were both bought/given guns by their parents while still children. (sans serial numbers) They were trained to use them kill the other side. Jumped in before they could shave. The OGs have been known to use young teen children (pre 18 years old) as shooters.

Things aren't always so black and white.

Both guys woke up and got the hell out of LA in their early 20's. Left with nothing. Got tired of life as a hunting trip. Someone is either hunting you or you are hunting them.

Last edited:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Yeah, I’m guessing it will be a cold day in hell before a black parent is charged because their teen child shot someone.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I have two friends that came out of Compton. Their parents were gangbangers. It was something like 4th generation. They were both bought/given guns by their parents while still children. (sans serial numbers) They were trained to use them kill the other side. Jumped in before they could shave. The OGs have been known to use young teen children (pre 18 years old) as shooters.

Things aren't always so black and white.

Both guys woke up and got the hell out of LA in their early 20's. Left with nothing. Got tired of life as a hunting trip. Someone is either hunting you or you are hunting them.
Wat?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I had a friend in college who was from Watts. He was into ballet and is now a pastor. His 7 year old son was shot by a gang member a couple of decades ago. I presume the firearm was initially purchased legally... not sure. My other college friend from Watts ended up starting a pest control business. No gang involvement at all. Probably not into guns.

Too many guns in this country with no accountability for suppliers. Very sad, must be countered.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
It's very simple. There are tons of gang related shootings executed by teenagers. Every weekend. And in some cases, their parents bought them the guns and encouraged gang membership. They should be charged. Since we are now going down the rabbit hole of charging parents for the crimes committed by their children, we can expect to be putting a LOT of parents in jail. What's Chicago averaging these days? 12-24 shootings a weekend? And every kid has two parents right? We better build some new jails. We're going to need the space.

I'm for charging the parents by the way. All of them. School shooter parents, gang shooter parents, liquor store robbing parents, etc.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
White kids > black kids?

But probably more

Rich > poor
Probably across the board, mostly economically disadvantaged. I think when most people read about this conviction of a parent, they are thinking exclusively of school shooters and their parents. I see no reason why the basic principle wouldn't be used as legal precedent to go after the parents of teenage shooters engaging in gang activity. It should be.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Probably across the board, mostly economically disadvantaged. I think when most people read about this conviction of a parent, they are thinking exclusively of school shooters and their parents. I see no reason why the basic principle wouldn't be used as legal precedent to go after the parents of teenage shooters engaging in gang activity. It should be.
of course

What is an example of foreseeability law?

A foreseeable risk is when a reasonable person in a given situation should know that specific harm might occur as a result of their actions. For example, if a person buys fireworks, then handles them incorrectly, and burns their finger, this is a foreseeable risk.

What are the different types of foreseeability?

The two main standards of foreseeability are subjective (based upon what the at-fault party actually knew or understood) and objective (measured by what a reasonable person would have known under similar or the same circumstances).