Mctavish Custom for Steph

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
He had a Son of Plastic in my size at his shop, I had fantasies about it.

Then I remembered how awful I surfed my 5'10 CI MSF earlier this year (hadn't ridden it in maybe 10 years), how well I used to be able to surf it, and doubted the amount of time and dedication I would put into relearning to surf a short single well.

That was epic! Not only was the entire shaping process amazing but that board looked great under feet.
It did look great - great marketing there.

Reactions: JDJ and Bman76

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
I've seen Bob do that process from a raw blank to finished shape with my own eyes - took him about 40 mins and was very impressive to watch.

Second, Steph ain't coming back to the Tour.

Third, I got married on that beach at the end. Brings back nice memories for me.

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
Ah it was a McT. I had the pleasure of watching Steph ride this out at Greenmount a few weeks back when up on the Goldy. I checked it out as I walked past her talking to her filmer but at the time thought it was a DVS.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
He had a Son of Plastic in my size at his shop, I had fantasies about it.

Then I remembered how awful I surfed my 5'10 CI MSF earlier this year (hadn't ridden it in maybe 10 years), how well I used to be able to surf it, and doubted the amount of time and dedication I would put into relearning to surf a short single well.

It did look great - great marketing there.
The MSF is, and always was, the worst surfboard CI ever made.

Reactions: mundus

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Ah it was a McT. I had the pleasure of watching Steph ride this out at Greenmount a few weeks back when up on the Goldy. I checked it out as I walked past her talking to her filmer but at the time thought it was a DVS.
Good onya Bob...very cool sled but...
I'd rather have a DVS. Dick turned 80 last Saturday. Was talking to him last week about ordering a carbon board. His shaping days are drawing to a close.

Reactions: Bman76 and Toobz