Max Holloway fight on now

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
thestreameast.to

keep clicking and closing the phony windows. will take several times at least.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
And my neighbors heard, "No. no, no, nonononono... Yes! YES!"

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu

On topic since Max is a Waianae boy who surfs. Supsquatch, Makaha, 2020.
View attachment 177980
Not sure but the guy on Max’s left looks like Rylan Lizares. Rylan is Max’s BJJ coach and head trainer. Rylan regularly surfs the spot next to my summer reg. He rides a bunch of retro and newer alt boars.

I told Egan Inoue once that I surfed with Rylan at RP’s the other day. Egan used to surf my reg a bunch before he started foiling. Egan asks if he surfs better than Rylan. Of course I said yes. And if Rylan asks me if he surfs better than Egan I would say you sure do. Haha.

Congratulations Max, Rylan and the whole team that was an exciting fight.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Not sure but the guy on Max’s left looks like Rylan Lizares. Rylan is Max’s BJJ coach and head trainer. Rylan regularly surfs the spot next to my summer reg. He rides a bunch of retro and newer alt boars.

I told Egan Inoue once that I surfed with Rylan at RP’s the other day. Egan used to surf my reg a bunch before he started foiling. Egan asks if he surfs better than Rylan. Of course I said yes. And if Rylan asks me if he surfs better than Egan I would say you sure do. Haha.

Congratulations Max, Rylan and the whole team that was an exciting fight.
Egan Inoue, one of Hawaii's first mixed martial arts champion. At teeroi's reg spot.
EganInoue_2_Bowls_160703_NealMiyakePhoto.jpg

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I fell backward out of my chair and broke a window.

My son texted me last night. He was watching the fight with the guys on his rugby team. 12 guys went berserker at once and a couch was destroyed in the process.

Holloway is THE MAN. Winning 5 of 5 rounds, could have laid back and got win. Nope. 10 seconds left, point down at the center of the ring and says let go right here. Then trades bombs against one of the biggest bomb throwers there is. Gay-Chee thrives in chaos. Max gave him a chance for a finish. Max was willing to give up everything for The Show.

And then Max knocks Gay-Chee out fucking cold, face down, 2 seconds left.

Unreal.

Last edited:

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
I missed the 1st round- but watching the second, I was surprised how hesitant Gaethe was- let Max control the Octagon and was really on the back foot.
Lots of blood in JG's nose on the stool at the end of Rd2.

Max must have tagged him hard in Rd1?

Definitely the least aggressive I have seen JG fight.

Full kudos to Max though, he resisted those leg kicks, moved beautifully and won every striking exchange.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I missed the 1st round- but watching the second, I was surprised how hesitant Gaethe was- let Max control the Octagon and was really on the back foot.
Lots of blood in JG's nose on the stool at the end of Rd2.

Max must have tagged him hard in Rd1?

Definitely the least aggressive I have seen JG fight.

Full kudos to Max though, he resisted those leg kicks, moved beautifully and won every striking exchange.
Right at the end of round 1 Max threw a low spinning back kick just as JG ducked and caught the heel right on the nose.

Reactions: freeride76 and Hump

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Watched the fight again a few times. Max set that nose break kick up. He was throwing faints, JG would put his hands up then dip to right to set up a counter overhand right off the roll. Holloway faints, JG’s hands go up, Max knows JG is gonna dip right so throws the back kick low to meet JG’s face.