MAUI July 13-23 - CAR RENTAL HELP

nrthcty

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 30, 2009
N.S.D
Any of you guys on Maui have an extra vehicle you would be willing to rent to my family and me while Im in Maui - Appears that all car rentals during that time are fully booked....no availability.

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
costco has i just searched. 1400-1500 for your dates which 140$ a day isnt that bad considering theres a nationwide shortage of rentals. id book now.

nrthcty

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 30, 2009
N.S.D
rad thanks guys - my friend who is an exec at a rental car company usually takes care of this...but apparently, C19 caused rental car companies to move their vehicles from the islands since their market dried up with the quarantine -causing the shortage...

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
rad thanks guys - my friend who is an exec at a rental car company usually takes care of this...but apparently, C19 caused rental car companies to move their vehicles from the islands since their market dried up with the quarantine -causing the shortage...
I searched and cars widely available....

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
it's nationawide. rental companies had to sell a lot of their fleet to raise cash to make it through the pandemic. now the chip shortage is making it difficult for them to rebuild them.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I had my rental car cancelled the day before I arrived last month and there was literally nothing else available from the main car rental places in town.

Don't rent from Kimos car rental whatever you do.

Lady at the airport gave us the phone number of one of her friends who rents a small fleet of his cars out for the week. If you need his number, let me know.