Mass transportation - done?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I prefer to call myself "white collar working class" than 'the poors".

:)
Yeah I mean I may come off as a one percenter but I am transit to the bone. Not saying I don’t splurge on limos and ubers, but there is a reason I chose my handle all those years ago. I’m like transit commuter 3x

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Yeah I mean I may come off as a one percenter but I am transit to the bone. Not saying I don’t splurge on limos and ubers, but there is a reason I chose my handle all those years ago. I’m like transit commuter 3x
When you start commuting again
Consider walking from penn to your office
For a lot of reasons
cowabunga
rg

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Nah. Hunters point to the orient express. I have cool masks just like the Chinese teenagers heading to school

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Don't know if you guys have seen the trains in India, or ridden the subway in Beijing or NY, but damn, they are crowded. Don't see how those will ever go away. We just have to get to the point where everyone has anti-bodies right? Or a vaccine?

Many aren't aware of this but all through this the New York Subways have been running. Same with mass transit in North Jersey and Philadelphia. I visit NYC a couple of times a year and the subways are a filthy disgusting mess. When you see how people live in NYC and the surrounding suburbs is it any wonder that the virus has gotten out of control there.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
man you should have seen them in the 80s. They have been practically spotless by comparison, at least in the oughts and teens. Current sitch is a result of the closure of so many shelters and homes for the mental ill- those are the guys that end up homeless, and are now using a relatively uncrowded subway as "homes"...but it's not as rampant as the "Media" would like you to click-think. and now this daily system wide scrub down overnight- that's going to actually solve a lot of problems. even the cynic in me thinks so. Not like "solve the mental health homeless" problem, but at least make the subways great again. Rest of the country (especially you there in central jersey wherever you are) may not like it, but NYC HAS TO FUNCTION FOR THE REST OF THE COUNTRY TO OPERATE 100%. It's true on almost every level of business, culture, society, you name it. Even agriculture. We may not grow it, but we finance it and manage the logistics of much of it. So NYC is still closed, and the rest of the country, even parts with little or no Covid activity, are going to feel it as supply and logistics and financing all jams up (of course not all of this is in NYC- the meat supply breakdown is widespread). But brace yourselves, or send hopes and prayers that we really DO bounce back quickly, and the NYC MACHINE turns back on to 100% sooner rather than later. You can thank us later.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
man you should have seen them in the 80s. They have been practically spotless by comparison, at least in the oughts and teens. Current sitch is a result of the closure of so many shelters and homes for the mental ill- those are the guys that end up homeless, and are now using a relatively uncrowded subway as "homes"...but it's not as rampant as the "Media" would like you to click-think. and now this daily system wide scrub down overnight- that's going to actually solve a lot of problems. even the cynic in me thinks so. Not like "solve the mental health homeless" problem, but at least make the subways great again. Rest of the country (especially you there in central jersey wherever you are) may not like it, but NYC HAS TO FUNCTION FOR THE REST OF THE COUNTRY TO OPERATE 100%. It's true on almost every level of business, culture, society, you name it. Even agriculture. We may not grow it, but we finance it and manage the logistics of much of it. So NYC is still closed, and the rest of the country, even parts with little or no Covid activity, are going to feel it as supply and logistics and financing all jams up (of course not all of this is in NYC- the meat supply breakdown is widespread). But brace yourselves, or send hopes and prayers that we really DO bounce back quickly, and the NYC MACHINE turns back on to 100% sooner rather than later. You can thank us later.
11/10 Ilking of Jersey!

But Jacksonville manages the logistics of it homie.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
yes JAX please keep the OJ and D-grade prison beef coming please!!! ;) actually kind of serious

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Too bad so sad

the hard left dream of vertical cities and mass transit has proved to be a death trap

sprawl baby sprawl!

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The radio guys I listen to say the subways have turned into dystopian mobile homeless camps during this Rona anytime it’s not going to work or coming home from work time

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

Agreed on all counts.
Hoping for the best for NYC. I love that place with all of its faults.

For the record, I've never encountered a particularly bad train in NYC. If anything, I come home and look at BART like, when you grow up, maybe you'll make sense like the NYC Subway. I mean, fabric seats? What shag carpet rocking, spaced out, transit engineer back in the early 70's thought that that would be wise?

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
in NYC every car is gonna get scrubbed every night.
big job. homeless thing getting worse on cars. creepy.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Too bad so sad

the hard left dream of vertical cities and mass transit has proved to be a death trap

sprawl baby sprawl!

That's not just a hard left dream, it's any sci-fi fan's dream! We'll never get to star trek life if we don't figure out how to overcrowd peacefully and with some sort of cleanliness.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
The radio guys I listen to say the subways have turned into dystopian mobile homeless camps during this Rona anytime it’s not going to work or coming home from work time
Like entire tent city homeless sections of many sprawled out west coast cities with no subways in which the homeless drug addicts can shelter. Man these dirt bags sure are adaptable and even resourceful sometimes

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Too bad so sad

sprawl baby sprawl!

And your dream of sitting on the I-5 parkinglot and wasting your life while listening to the Joe Rogan podcast, will come true even sooner than you were hoping for.

Congrats.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Like entire tent city homeless sections of many sprawled out west coast cities with no subways in which the homeless drug addicts can shelter. Man these dirt bags sure are adaptable and even resourceful sometimes
Yeah man. Camping out under overpasses is ok, but camping in a National Forest or State Park? NO!