Mass transportation - done?

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Nobody wants to sit next to anybody no more.
What; buy stock in General Motors?
Makes sense, theres nowhere safer than your own car

Edit: After all this i wouldn't want to live in a multi story apartment building either

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Don't know if you guys have seen the trains in India, or ridden the subway in Beijing or NY, but damn, they are crowded. Don't see how those will ever go away. We just have to get to the point where everyone has anti-bodies right? Or a vaccine?

Reactions: Bearnie Slanders

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
i think if un-used it will go away.

bus drivers croaking is over the top.

got no dog in this fight.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Don't know if you guys have seen the trains in India, or ridden the subway in Beijing or NY, but damn, they are crowded. Don't see how those will ever go away. We just have to get to the point where everyone has anti-bodies right? Or a vaccine?
Or dead?

Fxt

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
herd immunity and an acceptance that life is fleeting. get busy living, or just stay home. another couple of weeks, sure, but it will indeed soon be time to reenter the world again. Covid don't care, car accidents and cancer don't care, and the universe as far as i can tell not only doesn't care, but openly mocks our attempts at understanding or controlling said universe. Only you can care about yourself and loved ones. Be good and you're good , until you're gone.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
Nothing will be completely done, unless governments continue to cram this stupidity down our throats. I would imagine then there will be social upheaval and uprisings.

There is no way this can continue long term over the flu.

• Dislike
Reactions: FecalFace

Bearnie Slanders

OTF status
Jul 14, 2017
What; buy stock in General Motors?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Kind of counterintuitive here. The bus system limited routes, making the density in the bus greater and therefore harder to distance oneself from others.

Public Transportation will continue, but it might start looking different.
Imagine a subway/train that was designed to allow you access to your own plexiglass cube that was sanitized upon leaving? More likely, ridership will just grow again as we move forward..

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
tks for that.
Ford same?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Just wash your hands thoroughly after mass transit. It’s literally personal hygiene, clean water and a few incredible medical leaps that allow us to live the way we do. did you know 50% of all british garrison troops sent to various Caribbean postings back in the day would die of malaria or yellow jack or whatever, without even firing a shot at a Frenchman. Imagine Being sent on basically a non combat over seas work detail where you have a 50-50 chance of shitting or shivering yourself to death, being buried in some cane field with 100s of your mates, and never seeing home again

Bearnie Slanders

OTF status
Jul 14, 2017
tks for that.
Ford same?
"The U.S. government’s $80.7 billion bailout of the auto industry lasted between December 2008 and December 2014. The U.S. Department of the Treasury used funds from the Troubled Asset Relief Program. In the end, taxpayers lost $10.2 billion.

The Big Three automakers asked Congress for help similar to the bank bailout. They warned that General Motors Company and Chrysler LLC faced bankruptcy and the loss of 1 million jobs. The Ford Motor Company didn't need the funds since it had already cut costs. But it asked to be included so it wouldn't suffer by competing with companies who already had government subsidies."

General Motors screwed the pooch by using taxpayer bail out money to open plants in China.

Reactions: potato-nator

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Just wash your hands thoroughly after mass transit. It’s literally personal hygiene, clean water and a few incredible medical leaps that allow us to live the way we do. did you know 50% of all british garrison troops sent to various Caribbean postings back in the day would die of malaria or yellow jack or whatever, without even firing a shot at a Frenchman. Imagine Being sent on basically a non combat over seas work detail where you have a 50-50 chance of shitting or shivering yourself to death, being buried in some cane field with 100s of your mates, and never seeing home again

When winter rains come, and I have to take BART to work, now I'll wear a mask (and probably won't be alone in doing so), and like always, de-BARTify when I get to work/home.

At work, this means washing hands and face.

At home, it means washing hands and face and taking off work clothes to put on home clothes.

Reactions: Subway