Mass shooting in Chicago------ 52 shot.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-50-shot-10-fatally-weekend-gun-violence-20190603-story.html

Only 8 dead however. People in Chicago apparently have horrible aim.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
But wait, aren't there strict gun control laws in Chicago? How is this happening?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
ifallalot said:
But wait, aren't there strict gun control laws in Chicago? How is this happening?
Loose gun laws in Indiana. Lowest common denominator. There's always an Alabama or an Indiana lurking just around the corner.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I wonder how many guns there are in Chicago in relation to its population?

Houston isn't quite as big as Chicago but I'll bet there are a lot of guns in Houston.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Sharkbiscuit said:
ifallalot said:
Loose gun laws in Indiana. Lowest common denominator. There's always an Alabama or an Indiana lurking just around the corner.
Also, gun violence has nothing to do with gun laws.

Chicago is in the USA which has the slackest gun laws in the Western world - the only one with thriving gun culture and huge appetite for violence.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Sharkbiscuit said:
ifallalot said:
Yeah but those guns are still illegal in Chicago. Don't you know that making things illegal solves everything?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad

Houston isn't quite as big as Chicago but I'll bet there are a lot of guns in Houston.

Negroes, amirite?

If MOAR guns = MOAR gun violence the way you seem to think it does then the numbers would bear that out. If the numbers don't support the presumption then maybe that presumption is subject to challenge.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
ifallalot said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
ifallalot said:
Yeah but those guns are still illegal in Chicago. Don't you know that making things illegal solves everything?
Cool; I look forward to white Christian women dying with coat hangers dangling from them!

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
ifallalot said:
It's a dumbass gotcha falsehood that doesn't hold water, that has been repeated ad nauseum by idiots like GromsDad and other gun turds.

I'm glad you joined them, that's where you belong.

City laws mean nothing without federal laws. Guns can flow unimpeded.

More importantly, the obsession and love affair with guns and gun violence is universal everywhere in the US.

A state trying to impose gun laws in such environment is comical, let alone a city.

It's akin to attempting to introduce Universal Health Care in Vermont.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GDaddy said:

Negroes, amirite?

If MOAR guns = MOAR gun violence the way you seem to think it does then the numbers would bear that out. If the numbers don't support the presumption then maybe that presumption is subject to challenge.
Yeah Huston is such a peaceful city with all the guns.

Probably because they don't have all the negroes.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Yeah Huston is such a peaceful city with all the guns.

Probably because they don't have all the negroes.

Uhh, the demographics of these two towns aren't all that different from one another.

Chicago (5-yr avg rate of murders/100,000 = 18.88)
45.3% white
32% black
5% Asian
28% Hispanic of any race

Houston (5-yr avg rate of murders/100,000 = 11.38)
49.3% white
25.3% black
5.3% asian
16.5% "other"
37% Hispanic or Latino of any race