Mason and Sheldon 'Playing it safe'

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
How mason doesn't end up in the emergency room all the time I will never understand, amazing surfer to watch.

Reactions: PPK96754

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I had a chance to surf that place. It was 2 foot overhead and breaking in 2 feet of water. I took pics instead.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Last time I surfed this spot, I got folded pretty good. Probably why it was my last time.

@jamesgang I think you or @craigj532 mentioned knowing Kanekoa Crabbe? That last time I surfed it, Kanekoa broke my car key trying to take an FCS screw out. Key wouldn't turn the ignition. This was 15+ years ago and my sister still brings up how she had to bring me my spare all the way out there.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Last time I surfed this spot, I got folded pretty good. Probably why it was my last time.

@jamesgang I think you or @craigj532 mentioned knowing Kanekoa Crabbe? That last time I surfed it, Kanekoa broke my car key trying to take an FCS screw out. Key wouldn't turn the ignition. This was 15+ years ago and my sister still brings up how she had to bring me my spare all the way out there.
Shallow as it looks?

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location

That’s hilarious. Yeah Kanekoa is classic. Last to time I surfed Makaha big was with him. He’s such a character.

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
This is a spot that nobody should film and fewer people should surf. Not me. Nope. No thanks.

And that story about KC wouldn’t surprise anyone who knows KC. A real character. You gotta check him out sometime bodysurfing big Panics with no fins.

corndog

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2004
I brought a friend there years ago with a few of the boys. his boogie lost about 80% on the reef. Nalu and Makani just destroyed it out there, I enjoyed the carnage from the beach.