Mark Zuckerberg - Waterman

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
The Kai Lenny thing doesn't surprise, he seems like a guy that will do anything for money, which is fine if that's your thing.
It's one of things that if you can get that kind of work, you take it every time. Big pay, and rich friends tell their other rich friends about the experience and soon you've got a revolving door of big clients.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
The Kai Lenny thing doesn't surprise, he seems like a guy that will do anything for money, which is fine if that's your thing.
Sh!t, if Zuck called me and said "could I pay you to come to Kauai and give me guitar lessons" I would do it!.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
IMO, everything on this thread is cringy AF. (except for santacruzin's post)

I live in SB, so I get the "Really hate rich fvckers" attitude, but at some point you just gotta ignore that sh!t and get on with YOUR life.

WGAF? :waving:
Out in full this week with the film festival in town:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Brah, tow-in so gnar.

You should see the way those things, with a noob riding, come off plane trying to pump out the back in our short period weak peaky stuff.

Constructive interference slaps mode: activated. Up the face, lose speed, crest and bob up, over, and off plane. Lulzy angular momentum face plant down the back.

• Haha
Reactions: r32

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I stopped getting towed shortly after starting because it was “too easy”.

Too easy to get yourself into some serious trouble.
Think of the shitty swimmers/surfers who get in really hairy situations.

One of the biggest skills in surfing is negotiating the unstable marine environment with and without your board.

That takes experience, a specific skill set and constant practice.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

One of the biggest skills in surfing is negotiating the unstable marine environment with and without your board.

I am a good swimmer and comfortable in the water.

Getting the sh!t kicked out of you by a large wave was 90% mental to me, and I am not very good at it.
I got scared, I know I am a pussy!

:roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: bluengreen

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I am a good swimmer and comfortable in the water.

Getting the sh!t kicked out of you by a large wave was 90% mental to me, and I am not very good at it.
I got scared, I know I am a pussy!

:roflmao:
I was surfing during a good swell and it was big but it wasn't that big but I said to my friend after a we got clocked by a clean up set was "People would drown in these conditions."

I was surfing a sun baked atoll 3 hours south of Hawaii alone. 5 days before 3 people drowned surfing this swell.

It would be really fun for about 20 minutes and then the sets would come and I would have to scramble for the horizon to make if over the sets.

I did about three of these sets with the swell building and finally I didn't make it past a huge wave so I ditched my board.

(I was the only person surfing)

All of a sudden I feel the leash snap.

sh!t.

That was a long scary swim in taking waves on the head. IT's one of the few times I was conserned. I never get scared. I get very very concerned and focused.

I got dragged over the reef and all cut up.

The guy I was staying with said "Whah happen?"

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Well those people are typically ignorant of the danger they’re in. I knew pretty quick that the ease of the ski could put me into a place from which I would not return.

Say what you will about paddle surfing vs tow but it’s simply much more difficult to get yourself into real trouble under your own power.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Makes sense. Kai Lenny is the Mark Zuckerberg of surfing...