Malizoo TODAY

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
surfed 2nd/3rd yeterday - some connectors were coming through and everyone got a few good ones. 1st point is a whole different thing and unfortunately all the other NLA points are like this now. Tried to get an afternoon sesh in on one of the points that in the past has always been less crowded, less kooks, etc..nah b. that one was f'd to.

just got back from checking that whole zone and didnt really have to look at the waves - the cars told the story. will try again this afternoon.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
surfed 2nd/3rd yeterday - some connectors were coming through and everyone got a few good ones. 1st point is a whole different thing and unfortunately all the other NLA points are like this now. Tried to get an afternoon sesh in on one of the points that in the past has always been less crowded, less kooks, etc..nah b. that one was f'd to.

just got back from checking that whole zone and didnt really have to look at the waves - the cars told the story. will try again this afternoon.
Probably not a bad idea to wear a helmet and eye pro.

Looks easy to get waves off that level of kook crowd.

I would deffo paddle out.

Superbank a million times more hardcore.
Aussies can at least surf.

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I always wonder about the thought process behind checking that sh!t show and deciding to paddle out, can you really enjoy surfing that mess?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Getting a parking spot is bad enough.
This. I would probably spend an hour trying to find a parking spot. Then I'd paddle straight to peak, then immediately get dropped in on by 2 guys, 1 girl, and a non-binary (NTTAWWT) and leave after one wave.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD and mundus

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Easy to get waves there. When you see someone burn a guy, burn the burner.

Then someone will burn you but you can still get some turns in.

Leo Carrillo is way worse.
I've gone out with the attitude "if I get three waves down the point I'll be satisfied," and then end up getting a lot more. It's such a fun wave. Definitely got to practice anger management. You're going to get dropped in... on a lot.

One other guy at Leo can be too crowded. Thinking of you Shaun...

Reactions: CutnSnip

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
We had our own crowd this morning. There were 7 guys at the reef.
I know what reef you’re talking about. A few years some of the boys tried to prevent me from paddling out.

I laughed at ‘em.

It’s all good now.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I know what reef you’re talking about. A few years some of the boys tried to prevent me from paddling out.

I laughed at ‘em.

It’s all good now.
What is the fourth letter? I don't think anyone would try to prevent you from paddling out at the spot I'm talking about. I'm guessing you're talking about a reef further south. Cambria crew is pretty chill to outsiders as long as you respect the lineup.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
What is the fourth letter? I don't think anyone would try to prevent you from paddling out at the spot I'm talking about. I'm guessing you're talking about a reef further south. Cambria crew is pretty chill to outsiders as long as you respect the lineup.
Ah yeah, the one further south just north of Cayucos. Never had issue in the Cambria area. One of my friends - Davey - moved up there a few years back - off the 46.

The one you surfed is either t or maybe d (which some call r). Probably t.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Ah yeah, the one further south just north of Cayucos. Never had issue in the Cambria area. One of my friends - Davey - moved up there a few years back - off the 46.

The one you surfed is either t or maybe d (which some call r). Probably t.
indeed T is the one. :)

And the guys at 'L' are just the aholes from 'A' in LO. That's their preferred summer spot.