#114 Kane DeWilde
#106 Gabriella De Bella
#119 Andrew Gibbons
#124 Oskar Johansson

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA

Foils are entering the water now. Green dots. Go through the list and heart who you want to see. That'll put the name next to the green dot. James Casey 102 and Kai Lenny 101 for example.

For live video updates. Start of prone and SUP divisions have video clips so far.

Reactions: averagejoe

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
And the kid is pumping his huge wing to go even faster haha. So sketchy at that speed, trying to process all the bumps and not overfoil.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
James Casey is a legend. 2-1/3 hours on a SUP foil. That's averaging about 15 mph across the channel.

And the first wingfoiler finished in 1-1/2 hours...averaging over 20 mph. MY GOD.

Just for reference, among the most elite of the elite prone paddlers, the winner finished in 4:53, meaning he beat 5 hours.

For sure next year I'm on a wing foil.

Reactions: averagejoe

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Talk of changing the end of the race for foils and wing. 1 option is go in past china wall and around a bouy and then tack on a Hawaii Kai run ending in near Waikiki.

Or just ending in the middle of the bay where the wings ended this year.

Can't wait to track your dot next year SHSHSH

Reactions: sh3

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
James Casey is a legend. 2-1/3 hours on a SUP foil. That's averaging about 15 mph across the channel.
For anyone that hasn't seen the end of the race. Oskar and Edo get to China Wall just before James. James hits his paddle onto his foil and comes off foil. Thinks he lost the race. Had to reset and paddle up right next to China Wall. Get's a little bit of the way and comes off foil. Edo is off foil. Oskar is off foil in the lead. Both of them are paddling on the surface. James paddles on his stomach to Pillars. Jumps up and catches another non-wave. Pumps on foil past Edo, past Oskar and far enough into the lead to hold the prone paddle off foil into the finish.

You can't see much, but listen to the commentary from this instagram live to hear what was going on at that time. They are following next to Edo and Oskar is up in the lead.

http://instagr.am/p/CvVmnRwhNft/

Reactions: sh3

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com

And the first wingfoiler finished in 1-1/2 hours...averaging over 20 mph. MY GOD.

Just for reference, among the most elite of the elite prone paddlers, the winner finished in 4:53, meaning he beat 5 hours.

after watch the footage from this and the maui to molokai, i want to try it next year too

called KT yesterday to order one of the downwind boards. frothing

Reactions: sh3 and Hdip