...Lost Board builder WTF?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
For a HPSB, sure.

For the alt stuff, I'd think it helps.
IMHO if you know what volume you like for an HPSB, you can kind of eyeball outline/rocker on any alt with a concave bottom and the surf you expect to use it in and know pretty well if it should be about HPSB or bumped a bit especially if it's more grovel. You already know your height and you're not looking to deviate from the norm on the length.

At that point you take those dims to the 3D board builder, tweak it yourself, then go get the tweaked dims in writing on an order form in a shop.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
the board builder is a plug in. rusty uses the same one. at 60yo its spitting out 10l over and 8" longer than my current go to hpsb dims. if i shave 35 years off my age, it still coming back 3l over. good for my ego but not much else

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I would assume the problem will actually occur between when you submit your order and when/if you actually receive it if Lost's past performance is any indication...

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: JDJ and jkb
Jan 2, 2024
Maui
I would assume the problem will actually occur between when you submit your order and when/if you actually receive it if Lost's past performance is any indication...
Atleast you will have enough time to gain a couple pounds. Make up for the board builder using boat dims

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD