Lost Ark Surfboards

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Never surfed a Tomo but I assume switching between one and a performance fish would be a lot more similar than jumping straight to a hpsb.

i always feel like I have dead legs after coming back from a long stint not having to generate my own speed.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
I've seen those boards around the harbor. They looks clean. But something about Lost Ark and how all the boards are twin fins are peaking my interest. :jamon:
I'm just gonna glue this right here (originally from the Shitters Toy Company thread):

I have never understood the shitsled surfboard market. Shitsleds with mongoloid outlines (at best). The shittier the better. I just make my own.

If you want a board that actually works you get a shortboard from a reputable shaper and not some barefoot hippie who spends more time on the resin swirls than the computer files. DHD etc. has input from top pros and bros that goes into their models. These damn retards on Instagram showing off their wonky ass shapes just copies some sh!t from a 70s magazine and slaps a $900 pricetag on it. People say they ride great, only because they are 50 liters and a substitute to a 6'8" 7S Superfish that makes you look cool

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
That's my friend's cousin. Have seen him in the water a lot over the years, good surfer, boards look fun too
he is... i've seen him getting into some tiny backside barrels on what looked like a small door. :LOL: Thats another thing that peaked my interest. His boards look good in the water and in the photos. :shaka:

Reactions: oeste858

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Damn, people around here love ragging on a backyard shaper.

Dude probably just smokes a ton of weed, makes boards for friends, and posts a few on Instagram. And you guys line up to sh!t on him as if he's some evil marketing genius trying to rip people off with his hypnotic resin swirls. Talking about "just buy a DHD!"

Get a grip, haters!

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I only mentioned self-castration.....wasn't hate. Hell...most times me and the gf are fighting i contemplate self-castrarion or walking into speeding traffic. still would rather do both than go that board direction

• Wow
Reactions: Northern_Shores

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

Dude probably just smokes a ton of weed, makes boards for friends, and posts a few on Instagram. And you guys line up to sh!t on him as if he's some evil marketing genius trying to rip people off with his hypnotic resin swirls. Talking about "just buy a DHD!"

Get a grip, haters!
you're right. I was more thinking in Reforest particular case (only rides TOmos) that he might have a better chance of liking a non-tomo if he went to a good local SD shaper (not big brand) who people had positive experience on their boards. Otherwise, he's gonna surf it twice (like the TP IF15 he says he tried 3 yrs ago), and run back to Tomo's safe embrace! But if these boards surf good, by all means go for it

Last edited:

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA

Get a grip, haters!
In the end most everyone on this forum is their own version of reforest & tomo...just not as loud

Reactions: ReForest

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm on team poly butI'm definitely not engaged in marketing it.

Nor am I engaged in Instagram influencer/product promotion.

If I like a board I'll talk about it.

I think that's how most people are here.

There isn't a whole lot of brand loyalty other than Defrost,