Looking for vol 9 no 2 "Early Spring 2000" issue of The Surfers Journal

LBInjSurfer

Michael Peterson status
Apr 25, 2002
Maritime Forest, NJ
I know this is the -ER BB, but I was curious as to if someone has the Vol 9 No 2 issue of TSJ and would like to sell it. TSJ website is sold out of that issue.. I don't care what shape its in, just want to read it. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.
Jonathan

nep

Duke status
Dec 6, 2002
I seem to recall that story. I'll check out my copy tonight and get back to you. I'd have to think about selling it - (and see what other stories are in that issue). If you just wanna hang onto it for a few months that would be cool, (then send it back).

Solo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 27, 2002
I have "Inflatable Dreams" from TSJ available as PDF`s if you`re interested.

That issue went out of print soon after it was published. I received a complimentary copy for being in the "Dreams" article... later shared mine with a friend(s) and never saw it again.

[ January 24, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Solo ]

R3W

Phil Edwards status
Feb 19, 2002
Frisco
In that Kuril Islands story there's a pic of a local fisherman who's carrying about a 6 inch slice up his belly. It looks like he stitched it himself. I remember having an "oh sh*t" reaction to that picture.

LBInjSurfer

Michael Peterson status
Apr 25, 2002
Maritime Forest, NJ
Just wanted to say thanks for all the people who responded. I was at my friends shop today and he happend to be cleaning out a drawer, in it were 2 or 3 back issues of TSJ.. one of which was this one, so I have a copy and am about to read it.
Nep.. I appriciate your kindness, I though it was really cool that you offered to let me borrow your mag.
Solo, speaking of Inflateable... I did flip though the mag and saw the article on SURF MATS.. which picture is you?
Thanks again.
Jonathan

nep

Duke status
Dec 6, 2002
Thanks - your post made me go back and check out that story on Russia. What a dream trip that was. So many waves out there to explore, and here many of us sit and bicker over scraps at our home break. We're lucky to have TSJ.

luckystrike

Nep status
Jan 17, 2003
Planet Earth
i've got a dog eared copy of it somewhere. the kurile islands story and accompanying photos were why i bought the issue. if you can't find someone to loan it or sell it to you, i know that either surfer or surfing ran a simplistic version of that same kurile article a few months after it came out in TSJ. i know it's not much help, but its another avenue to check out.

i don't remember an antartic story, but i think that issue had a good piece of boats and motoring into hard to access surf spots.