Longest you have waited for a custom order?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yes. I'm in SD now. If anyone sees a guy out at Blacks on a purple 7'6 Chemistry old man board come say Hi.

What's the ERBB opinion on the best SD shapers to buy from?
If you call Xanadu and tell him you want to set up a time to order a board he will sit down with you and cook up something made for local waves and your specs. Build quality excellent, he is a stickler.

If you go by Rusty I've gotten pretty good attention for the order process there but I found their boards vastly hit or miss and build quality was terrible.

Both of the above can shape anything.

The kid at Pyzel (if he still runs the shop) really knows what he's talking about with boards, he can dial you in pretty good. Build quality = excellent.

Also the above guys run ethical businesses, if you get what I'm saying.

Last edited:

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
If the shop has been part of that good custom experience, you're ordering C4, and you're paying shipping, I'm taking the under.
My experience is that if its done by Drew's shop, its done quicker than other Lost constructions. My Black Dart Chillis and Lost were done in less than 2 months.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
My experience is that if its done by Drew's shop, its done quicker than other Lost constructions. My Black Dart Chillis and Lost were done in less than 2 months.
That’s good to hear. Main reason I went C4 construction instead of xtr. We’ll see, fingers crossed

Feb 5, 2024
a local shaper - AAron/Wildlife surfboards - made one for me in 10 days.
Happy w/him and the boar...
tried something a little dif this time...instead of me saying i want blah blah blah....i let him tell
me (he surfs w/me on the reg) what i want. which seemed to work out fine...

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
very limited experience but xtr was in the past subject to Lost’s whims like the rest of us. they kept chasing for my board but couldn’t get the finished blank back from them. I’d still try Xtr again for Lost. Love the foam

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
very limited experience but xtr was in the past subject to Lost’s whims like the rest of us. they kept chasing for my board but couldn’t get the finished blank back from them. I’d still try Xtr again for Lost. Love the foam
Ahhh okay so the XTR blank is getting shaped by Lost.

Biggest risk with this C4 IMHO is still your board sitting waiting on a batch to get shipped more economically vs you paying up to have it ship out when it's done. Not sure if that's a "thing" or not.

I'd say your second biggest risk is Drew beating the ever-loving fuck out of your board with a fish billy, tossing it into a cooler, taking it home, filleting it, and trying to cook and eat it. Sorry but the fuckin thing looks enough like a lit up dolphin (Dorado/Mahimahi). I'd stick a hook in the leash plug and toss it off the Pier and see if more dolphin started schooling around it, catch all them, then winch your board back up.

Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
YMMV but I’ve had good experiences ordering Lost through XTR and I think it’s the easiest and best way to order a custom Lost, although I have not ordered from Drew in FLA.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Is it better to order a C4/Black Dart Lost from Drew directly or through Catalyst?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Is it better to order a C4/Black Dart Lost from Drew directly or through Catalyst?
Haven't pepsi challenged. I basically had a pile of surfboards and forced myself to sell some on Craigslist and put some up for consignment at Surf Station 2. The split is 70/30 cash or 80/20 store credit so I went store credit and ordered through Surf Station. My buddy ordered a C4 from Catalyst in Melbourne Beach and he got his maybe even a little faster than I got mine if memory serves.

Reactions: JDJ