Long Fish vs Mid Length

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Yeah, I remember the guy (Simon) saying he didn't like the fin position on the longer one but that was with glass ons if I recall correctly so at least with Futures boxes there's a certain amount of tweakability with different fins.
again ask aldo1

the one u posted has keels almost over the swallow tail tips

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
I busted out the 6-10 longfish yesterday after not riding it for a year.
3-4' waves, soft reef spot and it worked so good.
I can almost duckdive it with the fishy nose but that wide tail and long rail line gets it going quick.
Was gonna sell it casue I wasn't riding it, but it's gonna have to get back in the rotation. So fun.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Trio of long-ish fishes. All 7' with wildy different takes on the design and feels on how they ride. The DVS is lightest, then the Machado and the ETC.
7' Machado thunderbolt Seaside & beyond with S wing 520's. 7' Dick Van Straalen full carbon fibre rocket fish with concave texture deck and full length hard edge on rails with Alkali DVS twins.
Then locally made ETC 7' with tri plane into double concave bottom, incut rails in back 1/2 made from eps over paulownia with Japanese print on the bottom with S wing mid keel 470's as fin choice. The ETC is not mine...belongs to a chap I know who gave it to me to test ride so reign in the tail block outrage.
All 3 boards are 44-45L. Yes that nose on the DVS is a total mind melter when paddling it. Call the leash string popo.IMG_2251.JPGDVS 1.jpegIMG_2253.jpgIMG_2255.JPGDVS 7.jpegIMG_2216.JPGIMG_2178.jpg

Last edited:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Longfish are stupid. They’re ugly and they don’t make sense as surfboards. Stop being weird

edit: i’m sorry longfish. You’re alright. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe blind folks with no hands are all about you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Northern_Shores