LICENSING AND PERMITTING 4 UR PROTEKSHUN

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
IMO licensing for contracting is a good thing. You need accountability when you are dealing with actual structures and the inherent health and safety concerns.

It’s the required licensing and regulations for stuff like being a barber, hair braiding, etc where it gets ridiculous. There are states where you cannot be a barber if you are a convicted felon. There was also a woman who was braiding hair in her own home who got shut down because she didn’t have 3 sinks in her house. The tests to get certified in some states cost thousands of dollars.

Those regulations are 100# designed to bring in revenue for the state, and are designed by legislators and established business owners to keep competition out.

More on that below:
www.forbes.com/sites/instituteforjustice/2018/03/13/tennessee-has-fined-residents-nearly-100000-just-for-braiding-hair/amp/

Reactions: Kento and Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
IMO licensing for contracting is a good thing. You need accountability when you are dealing with actual structures and the inherent health and safety concerns.

WE DON'T NEED NO LICENSE LET THE MOTHER F_____ER BURN
BURN MOTHER F_____ER
BURN

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
grapedrink said:
There are states where you cannot be a barber if you are a convicted felon.
I don't know about you but I wouldn't go near a convicted felon with a straight razor in his hand, especially anywhere near my neck.

I have anxiety about straight razors as it is.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I don't know about you but I wouldn't go near a convicted felon with a straight razor in his hand, especially anywhere near my neck.

That's prejudicial you bigot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

WE DON'T NEED NO LICENSE LET THE MOTHER F_____ER BURN
BURN MOTHER F_____ER
BURN
Wow. Just wow. Hillsborough County

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Sure, depending on the offense. What if was someone busted with a few ounces of pot or stealing a car when they were 18?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Against what, straight razors?

Straight razors, like convicted felons, are not race or ethnicity.

You still haven't learned the difference between choice and identity.
Many identities are formed because of choices, you really shouldn't be such a bigot. It's gross

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That's prejudicial you bigot
Dems love to white knight for black people, until it comes to them exercising their right to better themselves through self determination and entrepreneurship. They’re afraid of losing their welfare class voter base, and that these business owners will succeed and maybe ***gasp*** start voting for republican candidates and interests.

I don’t think you can get much more racist than that.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Dems love to white knight for black people, until it comes to them exercising their right to better themselves through self determination and entrepreneurship. They’re afraid of losing their welfare class voter base, and that these business owners will succeed and maybe ***gasp*** start voting for republican candidates and interests.

I don’t think you can get much more racist than that.
Uh didn't we have an argument about crime and punishment vs rehabilitation and your ilk didn't want to rehabilitate anyone let alone give them a chance to return to normal life without impossible restrictions that would put them straight back into prison?

The only candidate who's talking about prison reform is Bernie.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Uh didn't we have an argument about crime and punishment vs rehabilitation and your ilk didn't want to rehabilitate anyone let alone give them a chance to return to normal life without impossible restrictions that would put them straight back into prison?

People like you who don't want a convicted felon to get a job barbering?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I think I'll just leave this here...

I run the barber shop in Pelican Bay by the way. Be out on good behavior in two weeks. Free shaves for select forum members. Call me.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Who’s “my ilk”? I never argued that position. I have a lot of issues with the criminal justice system, and California is among the worst states in that regard, despite democratic control. Weird.

Bernie can talk all he wants, and I give him credit for doing so, but those changes need to be made at the state level.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Who’s “my ilk”? I never argued that position. I have a lot of issues with the criminal justice system, and California is among the worst states in that regard, despite democratic control. Weird.

Bernie can talk all he wants, and I give him credit for doing so, but those changes need to be made at the state level.
Well you said "Dems are racists".

What a stupid thing to say.

You've never argued against any of the right wing positions on the US prison system here, which are 10x worse.