Late March freedom.... What to do?

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Got the Spring Break time (9 days, maybe 8 to have 1 to relax) to fook off, so contemplating what to do:

Explore OR coast surfy
Snowboard close to home - snowboard
Maybe Mex surf trip - surfy
CA road trip - probably surfy

Was thinking JHole but old college friend who lives there will be ski racing road tripping with his boys.

Erbb, help me decide!

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
el hombres' hija once told me that chicama can be depended on to turn on week three of march.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
If surf is the priority Mex is a no brainer :beer: I've seen some pretty small days at Cen Cal swell magnet beachbreaks in late March, so while it should be decent and get wettable, you might be a bit disappointed :shrug:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
grapedrink said:
If surf is the priority Mex is a no brainer :beer: I've seen some pretty small days at Cen Cal swell magnet beachbreaks in late March, so while it should be decent and get wettable, you might be a bit disappointed :shrug:
The weeks before and after Easter are a goat rodeo here but usually good surf.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
ElOgro said:
grapedrink said:
Fookin hile that's right, semana santa :drowning:

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
ElOgro said:
grapedrink said:
Please tell me you literally mean a goat rodeo. I would go see that.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
barnod said:
Your old stomping grounds in Hawaii nei? Maybe outer island if you want more adventure?
:cheers:

Thought about that, and too expensive, and did the surgical strike during Christmas so my daughter could see Gma/Gpa. Scored some goods when there though. :batman:

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Check out your newish zones....... pack board and surf gear and explore the Evergreen. Baker can deliver the goods that time of year. Reasonable lift tickets and steep lines that will blow your mind even on piste. I've scored waves pretty far inland that time of year too.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
ElOgro said:
grapedrink said:
Still on the to-do list to visit the Ogro area again (past nearby in 94') . One day...

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Looks like fishing and surfing the coast for a few days! 6'8" will be the biggest board I bring, flyfish and surf perch stuff. Decided to really just cruise, limit the driving, and post up at the ocean. Any of you OR coastal lurkers want to share a beer and da kines and maybe even a surf, let me know! I'm buying! :cheers: :shaka: :fish: :smokin: :wave2: