Last day of the year. Have you looked at your pay check lately?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Its the last day of the year. Have you looked at your paycheck lately? How much money did the government confiscate from you this year? You didn't need that money anyway.....right? Government can spend it better than you can. You'd just waste it on stupid sh!t like surfboards or things for your family.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Hey I got a promotion this year!

Woo, a raise!

Then I upped my deferred comp.

Now I make $20 more every two weeks.

Will take me a while to see the promotion money...and if the economy tanks, well, then it will be much longer.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I’m paid 1099 thru a loan-out. So I’ve had zero witholdings.

surf cat

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jan 14, 2002
Its the last day of the year. Have you looked at your paycheck lately? How much money did the government confiscate from you this year? You didn't need that money anyway.....right? Government can spend it better than you can. You'd just waste it on stupid sh!t like surfboards or things for your family.
I guess you never noticed your president printed a Trillion dollars out of thin air!

Yea but look how great your stock is doing!

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Us Californians pay enough already but Dems have no problem with raising taxes even more....biggest wasting of tax money ever, most of it is pure stupidity

Reactions: Ifallalot

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
^ - Zero? Isn't there a tax penalty for that?
To be fair there are ZERO withholdings on payments I get from my employer. There are indeed payroll taxes and withholdings on what I pay myself from my s-Corp. But it’s considerably less.

Reactions: Ifallalot

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Same goes for Delaware.
Seriously contemplating moving back to DE to retire in 10 years. Live there only enough to claim legal residency and spend the rest of the year in Huatulco and Chula. May and June and September and October are great months on the EC.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
To be fair there are ZERO withholdings on payments I get from my employer. There are indeed payroll taxes and withholdings on what I pay myself from my s-Corp. But it’s considerably less.
You make it sound like we don't pay taxes, don't give GrossDad wrong ideas. :D

On most bigger gigs, I have to deal with the payroll company that client hires to save them money.

They don't give a sh!t if I'm s-Corp. :cursing:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Seriously contemplating moving back to DE to retire in 10 years. Live there only enough to claim legal residency and spend the rest of the year in Huatulco and Chula. May and June and September and October are great months on the EC.
do it.

Go away.

Make California Great Again.