La Palma (Can. Isl.)

Dec 28, 2004
Does anyone has some info about the surf on the island of La Palma ( Canary Islands)?
Thanks, jurjen

seabird

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 20, 2004
the islands have some pretty good waves. i heard people calling them the "hawaii of the atlantic", which is clearly too much, for the waves cannot be compared. but still, some of the best waves you can catch in europe - plus in warm water, all-year springtime weather. i knew a surfer from tenerife (another island from canarias), and he had some quite nice pictures of waves.
i don't know if in la palma island is where you can get the best waves. at http://www.nomadsurfers.com/English/home_english.htm you have some info on some other of the islands- fuerteventura and lanzarote.
i know that i wouldnt mind going there! : )

Dec 29, 2004
Norway/QLD, Oz
"hawaii of the atlantic" gotta smile - it definitively has as the same amount of tourists. But it's a nice place non the less. Never heard anyone surf La Palma, but know Fuertevenura & Lanzarote has waves. Last time I was on Fuerte it was windy and messy and only good for wind/kite surfing which is very popular there. I was there in January and I would guess that vinter is best there too. I also know Gran Canari has a lot of waves. If you find anymore on it - please post. Wanna give Gran Canari a couple of months this coming year. And yeah - there's a ferry running between a few of the Islands.