LA beaches done

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Maybe some of you will finally figure this out.

This is about control.

Surfing, going to the beach, playing...the optics of that show fun, freedom and a lack of government control.

Go to the nearest Costco and then go to the nearest beach and tell me which place is more likely to spread a virus.

The optics of Costco are that people standing in line...the ultimate image of being controlled.

control...

not controlled...

DO NOT COMPLY!

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
How can they ticket you if don't have ID on you?

And I read that they are only enforcing a handful of misdemeanors.

What're they gonna do, haul you in for being out of your house and surfing alone?
And put you into a jail that they just released all the criminals from...

LogHauler

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 29, 2010
I think it's less about control and more about wanting to "appear" that they are doing everything possible to contain the virus. But appearances are deceiving which is why you see so many falling for this fvckery.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I think it's less about control and more about wanting to "appear" that they are doing everything possible to contain the virus. But appearances are deceiving which is why you see so many falling for this fvckery.
‘They want to appear IN CONTROL (because they want to be in control).

They could appear to be doing something about 60,000 people living in squalor on the streets of Los Angeles but they aren’t.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Maybe some of you will finally figure this out.

This is about control.

Surfing, going to the beach, playing...the optics of that show fun, freedom and a lack of government control.

Go to the nearest Costco and then go to the nearest beach and tell me which place is more likely to spread a virus.

The optics of Costco are that people standing in line...the ultimate image of being controlled.

control...

not controlled...

DO NOT COMPLY!
And you can tell by who supports it that it is about total control.

The statists here are in full force

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Overall, it is about control, but the acute situation of LA and SD and other cities closing beaches is about optics. The local governments don't want the rest of the country and their peers in criminal government perceiving them as having no control over their subjects

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Overall, it is about control, but the acute situation of LA and SD and other cities closing beaches is about optics. The local governments don't want the rest of the country and their peers in criminal government perceiving them as having no control over their subjects
Cause a few people who can’t control themselves

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yup, like Floriduh

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Yesterday the beaches were packed around here in Santa Cruz. Eastbound traffic on HWY 17 almost looked like a Summer afternoon.

A lot of people not taking this sh!t seriously. San Mateo county has the most Covid cases next to LA county. Valleys svck.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Yeah. That’s the key to being able to commit crimes with no consequences - just don’t carry ID. Why didn’t anybody ever think of this before?
Ive been thrown in jail before without having ID. You can be given tickets, jail, etc. even without carrying your ID