Kyle Rittenhouse - The Truth in 11 Minutes

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I posted the witness statements and you didn’t quiote them for some reason.
You seem to be posting stories that are not corroborated, or at least are not directly relevant to the actual interactions of the shootings themselves. KR ran from both of them. One of them threw a plastic bag while in the process of chasing him, then lunged for the rifle. Huber hit KR with a skateboard twice, then chased him down afterwards and tackled him, at which point he was shot. The video of Huber chasing down KR is clear as day.

I met million crazy people on the street who acted beligerently.
It never crossed my mind to use lethal force or that my life is in danger.
Of course, I have too, and I've never carried a gun so that would never be an option.

However if I felt threatened enough to run from them, and they continued to pursue me until I was cornered, I would assume that they had bad intentions for me I would respond with the most force that I had available at the time. Which is exactly what happened.

There are million other ways to avoid the conflict, the first one not being there in the first place.
I've agreed time and time again that he should've never been there. But his presence there was not illegal, nor was either party more or less entitled to be there.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah that makes sense. I guess I get caught up on the fact that people's thanksgiving convos are now 24/7 online and that they're more difficult to avoid than ever before. Appreciate the perspective.

There was a time I thought the internet might lead to more people questioning these sorts of narratives. How naive I was.

I live in South LA now, but yes, I still drive west for Whole Foods.
Is Hawthorne the ghetto?
How much of your surfing between Santa Monica and Torrance does NOT occur at Greater Potty?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
No, I'm saying this has been going on with cable news since before Twitter existed. I think Twitter is downstream, not the source.
Not only that but Twitter doesn’t have a political leaning.

GrossDad and Ifailalot posted as much Twitter nonsense as Hal did.

Like all social media, it’s what you make it.

Like the real world, Twitter has million opinions, some of them will match yours.

Accussing someone of “following the ______ narrative” is the oldest fallacy and evading tactic in the history of erBB.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Is Hawthorne the ghetto?
How much of your surfing between Santa Monica and Torrance does NOT occur at Greater Potty?
Live much closer to the 10 fwy than that. My address still says Los Angeles. Looked in Hawthorne, did not seem very nice to me. I'd rather drive to central LA for restaurants and sh!t than to the south bay + my neighborhood is quite lovely.

Between SM and Torrance almost none.

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Yes! Carrying AR15 and wearing a mini skirt is exactly the same.

Killing people and being raped, exactly the same.

Throwing a plastic bag with toiletries at someone and raping someone, exactly the same.

Invalid comparisons, why do you do it?
'cause it's a dumb line of reasoning. "I saw something that made me angry/horny/etc. and I must act upon it." You really need to take the truck nuts off your Corvette and turn down the Nugent bro.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Not only that but Twitter doesn’t have a political leaning.

GrossDad and Ifailalot posted as much Twitter nonsense as Hal did.

Like all social media, it’s what you make it.

Like the real world, Twitter has million opinions, some of them will match yours.

Accussing someone of “following the ______ narrative” is the oldest fallacy and evading tactic in the hostory of erBB.
FF, buddy, their narratives are completely dumb too. But they're more transparent with the sources they link. I don't have to wonder about those dummies.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
his presence there was not illegal, nor was either party more or less entitled to be there.
I like how you always fall back on the law when you’re cornered.
We are not talking about the law, we all know what the law is.
I literally quoted the witness from the trial, who was on Kyle’s side no less.

GDaddy does this all the time. “But he had the right to be there!”

Yes, and? Does that negate his motives and intentions?

We are not talking about the law, we all know what the law is.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
FF, buddy, their narratives are completely dumb too. But they're more transparent with the sources they link. I don't have to wonder about those dummies.
I don’t have a source.

Quite capable of forming my own opinions, based on facts.

Thanks for your concern tho.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
'cause it's a dumb line of reasoning. "I saw something that made me angry/horny/etc. and I must act upon it." You really need to take the truck nuts off your Corvette and turn down the Nugent bro.
I never justified their actions, ever. You’ve built that strawman all on your own.

Denying that his mere presence there with an AR15 around his neck was an antagonistic act, is denying reality.

And comparing it to rape is downright stupid.

Reactions: mundus

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Actually GDaddy was pretty clear that in addition to the normal curfew, which would only prohibit Rittenhouse (17) from being out after 10:30pm on a weeknight, there was a Jacob Blake/George Floyd-specific curfew that night and NOBODY was supposed to be out after 8pm.

So FecalFace and grapedrink are essentially one ilk agreeing he had the right to be there.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
The rare exception, is that on NW/WNW when the period drops a little, or SW/SSW, or no correlation with those specific swell conditions?
Ok, you've officially dismembered my strawman. :cursing: There is no rare exception. If I'm surfing between SM and Torrance it's el potty or its vicinity.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
I never justified their actions, ever. You’ve built that strawman all on your own.

Denying that his mere presence there with an AR15 around his neck was an antagonistic act, is denying reality.

And comparing it to rape is downright stupid.
I'm not comparing it to rape 1:1, I'm exploring a concept known as "locus of control." You want it to be internal. That way no short skirt can make you rape, and no MAGA's AR-15 can make you attack someone with a plastic bag, skateboard or Glock. It'll keep you alive/outta the joint! What do you think of those new mid-engine 'vettes? Pretty crazy, huh?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
High tide or low tide?
We are all part of the tribe.
LOL everyone reading this thread who surfs somewhere OTHER than El Potty between Santa Monica and Torrance is thinking that we're all part of not their tribe, and need to stick to El Potty.

If just the people who check the erBB in a week and surf Potty on the daily all went to one person's non-Venice overflow valve, it would no longer be an overflow valve.

Right now, pms are being sent. "Get the one moron to get himself and the other two banned. Now. New troll, real name, family insults, don't care. Do eet."