Kelly Slater - DONE

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Late to the party but:

“The Kelly Slater Tour for Old Guys Who Can't Surf Good Anymore and Who Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too".

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
It is ZERO surprise that Slater got wildcards for Tahiti and Fiji.

The fact that Lakey got the WC for the remainder of this year and into next year is a shocker, however. Hope she can capitalize on it.

And STOKED Joao is getting another shot with the WC for next year. It'll be hard with his seeding, but man was he dealt a poor hand this year.

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
The fact that Lakey got the WC for the remainder of this year and into next year is a shocker, however. Hope she can capitalize on it.
That is surprising. If it's big I don't think she can compete with the other women that charge at Fiji and Chopes.
They should have given it to Sally, she'd have no problem at Fiji or Chopes.

Reactions: sh3 and keenfish

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You need to take the L like a man mate and move on.

Kelly ain't going nowhere.
Take the L like Kelly? Too easy!

Dude‘s about to become a (geriatric) father and he’s gotta skip out to lose no later than round 3, like every single comp over the past 2 years. My hero!

More sad is going to be watching him get beat at Snapper.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Why sad?
He'll be feted, adored, paid appearance money (dirty little secret but true) and surf fun Snapper with hardly anyone out.

Rinse and repeat for as long as he feels like.

I'm not saying it's right, but that is what it is.

Reactions: sh3

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Are they going to stop transmitting the ongoing heat to show Kelly being carried up the stairs at every event now? Or is he fine only doing that once more after Tahiti?