Kelly is lonely and needs a friend

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
People have a tendency to look at the rich and famous and think "they have no problems, they have it made, their life is wonderful, if I had that I would be SO happy..."

They're just people. Everybody has their sh!t. And while someone else's burden may look insignificant to you, it doesn't feel that way to them. Nobody has the perfect life. Into every life the rain must fall. I used to manage money for a few people that were legit 1%ers financially. Nobody had worked in two, three, four generations or so. And they were without exception some of the most miserable, unhappy people I have ever met.

Kelly doesn't have kind of money, but I believe he has enough to free himself from the constraints of the daily struggle to stay alive etc. What happens then is people tend to look inwards and frankly, it fvcks them up. They cannibalize themselves emotionally. IMHO.

I think there is something in a lot of us that needs a daily struggle. When the struggle is gone, our own heads become our worse enemy.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
People have a tendency to look at the rich and famous and think "they have no problems, they have it made, their life is wonderful, if I had that I would be SO happy..."

They're just people. Everybody has their sh!t. And while someone else's burden may look insignificant to you, it doesn't feel that way to them. Nobody has the perfect life. Into every life the rain must fall. I used to manage money for a few people that were legit 1%ers financially. Nobody had worked in two, three, four generations or so. And they were without exception some of the most miserable, unhappy people I have ever met.

Kelly doesn't have kind of money, but I believe he has enough to free himself from the constraints of the daily struggle to stay alive etc. What happens then is people tend to look inwards and frankly, it fvcks them up. They cannibalize themselves emotionally. IMHO.

I think there is something in a lot of us that needs a daily struggle. When the struggle is gone, our own heads become our worse enemy.
Idle hands and all...

Although Dane seems to have put the trauma behind and got on with his life.

Reactions: Havoc

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Idle hands and all...

Although Dane seems to have put the trauma behind and got on with his life.
He's kind of gone recluse I think. His issues are no doubt still there, they just aren't on display because he has largely removed himself from the public eye.

Last edited:

thrillkicker

Nep status
Mar 16, 2009
Maybe kelly wouldn’t feel alone so much if he could stop talking about himself at every chance he can get. All his friends (momentum generation) probably ignore his calls now. Kelly, nobody wants to give you the attention you think you deserve because you don’t deserve it. Your friends don’t talk to you because you only want to talk about yourself, not because you’re more “successful” than them. Also, your boards fucken suck dick in all conditions.

And btw, you’re not successful. VSTR was a fucken failure. Outerknown is a fucken failure. Your new HBO show sucks dick.
So cruel.:cry:

But so spot-on.

Bottom line: Slater is a creep. [& a great dad!:(]

underdog

Michael Peterson status
Jan 7, 2005
MAINEAGEBITCHES!
I swung from a tree tripping balls in CB after 1 title. He's snaked me on chest high Inlet.
GOAT...
IMHO
Glasshouse motherhaters. He f#$%Ked PA! not naming spots...
Goat!
He's the TB of surf.
TB wishes he was KS.
lol HAF!

Last edited:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

tough owning 10 million dollar house and traveling the world surfing the best waves, eating the best food, and shagging chicks 1/2 his age. whoa is me lolz. try grinding 60 hours a week at a dead end job to surf 1 foot slop at el porto

Reactions: GromsDad

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Kalani and her sister, born and raised in San Clemente. I wonder if those beautiful choppers ever get in way?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
How about we wait for him to do something dumb, like trying to set surfing up to be an Olympic sport, before we all dogpile on him? Because this isn't an example of him doing something dumb. Everybody has some days that are better than others.

Reactions: Boneroni