K.Rothman on Acai bowls

thrillkicker

Nep status
Mar 16, 2009
- From Beach Grit - Derek Rielly

Yesterday, there was a commotion over a minor wrestle between the Hawaiian Tanner Hendrickson and Brazilian Michael Rodrigues.

Words spoken, hands up, fight, snuggle, resolution.

In its usual North Shore way, both men would’ve gone home, cracked a beer and lit up dinner with a vaguely compelling story.

Meanwhile, Michael Rodrigues' Instagram has been pulled, but not before this PR-approved post that said, in Portuguese and among other platitudes, "I reject all acts of violence against me, or against any other living being. Nothing justifies the aggression I have received, so I feel obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure that unfortunate events such as these do not recur, with me, or against any other athlete and/or person.

Koa Rothman, “That was the biggest bullshit call from the WSL. A bunch of fucking corporate pussies!”

Of course, this is 2018, not 1975, and therefore Rodrigues called the police shortly afterwards and the WSL disqualified Hendrickson from the Pipe Trials.

According to WSL rules, Tanner’ll get served with a five gee fine.

((i) Monetary Fines and Disqualification.
First Offense: $5,000 USD and automatic disqualification from remainder of the Competitive Event. Disqualification may be waived in a “mutual combat” type situation.
Second Offense: $10,000 USD and automatic disqualification from remainder of the Competitive Event.
Third Offense: $15,000 USD and automatic disqualification from remainder of the Competitive Event.)

Koa Rothman, Backdoor Shootout winner, son of Fast Eddie, bro of Makua, master of popular vlog This is Livin’, summed up popular sentiment with his now trending hashtag, #letthemswing.

Earlier today, I called Koa, who’d just lost his round one heat at the Pipe Trials, for further comment.

“That was the biggest bullshit call I’ve ever seen from the WSL,” said Koa. “Tanner works a normal job at home, flies over here, doesn’t have a sponsor, gets in a fight, beats up someone who wanted a fight and gets kicked out of the contest. It was a fair fight. The Brazilian had his friends there and they ran away. It’s not like any of Tanner’s friends jumped in. The kid put his hands up. It was a fair fight. What if Tanner got beat up? Would he have been kicked out then?”

Koa pauses, winds up a little.

“A bunch of fucking corporate pussies run that show (WSL). It was a terrible, terrible call.”

I mention the relative civility of the fight. No blood, no breaks.

“I’ve seen guys end up in hospital for days,” says Koa. “That was not even close to a bad fight. Everyone’s a pussy. It’s not even the WSL’s business. It’s no one’s business. It’s the two people fighting’s business. They think they own these surfers…

“Are they fucking out of their minds? And the pussy called the cops.”

I express surprise.

“Yeah, a bunch of pussies. That’s all it is.”

#letthemswing.

Let them swing.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It would be better if it was more like hockey than tennis. Let em swing, impact zone can serve as penalty box.

I'd definitely tune into more contests.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
but if the guy that administered the beat down had made it through the trials wouldn't he be competing against the brazilian guy that he beat up? am i misunderstanding something? i don't really follow the professional contests too close.

if so, how is this any different than tonya harding?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Kala I think a trained guy could handle. It’s kaiborg I’d be afraid of.

Jeff doner if you reading this you better watch yo neck homie. Osssss.

:roflmao:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
obslop said:
but if the guy that administered the beat down had made it through the trials wouldn't he be competing against the brazilian guy that he beat up? am i misunderstanding something? i don't really follow the professional contests too close.

if so, how is this any different than tonya harding?
Read up on Tonya Harding.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GromsDad said:
Will the Brazzo be chased off the island?
He'll finish the comp (the one Tanner's not in) and then go back to Brazil to get ready for next year's CT.

No chasing necessary.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Further proof jiu jitsu and tap out bs is for pussies and fistcuffs for men is a lost art...

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
rowjimmytour said:
Further proof jiu jitsu and tap out bs is for pussies and fistcuffs for men is a lost art...
I don't disagree, but why is this further proof of that? Do you assume all brazos train BJJ?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
StuAzole said:
rowjimmytour said:
I don't disagree, but why is this further proof of that? Do you assume all brazos train BJJ?
No plenty of young and even some ole idiots from every where. My point was the calling the police or my own experience of cell phone ready and video running and only fight as group. This whole gang fight or 3 on 1 can not be held to any race and its common now a days if police is not near by.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
rowjimmytour said:
There is something really disturbing about being punched by a guy who knows how to punch.

You think, Uh oh.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Autoprax said:
rowjimmytour said:
There is something really disturbing about being punched by a guy who knows how to punch.

You think, Uh oh.
My all time favorite boxer was/is Marvin Hagler :fight:

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
brukuns said:
Koa Rothman is an idiot.
Koa Rothman is a great surfer but more importantly he is a cool, humble person. What is there in what he said that is wrong? Two grown men are scrapping it out one on one. How is that a problem?

As far as jiu jitsu goes, I would never want to tangle with a trained guy, a skilled purple belt from a good school will really ruin your day. As for a black belt? If they can touch you, you are done.

That said, a skilled boxer will hit you six times and knock you the fvck out before you know you're in a fight.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Koa Rothman will never have to really think about what he says or does; no one's ever going to touch him with the backing he has. That makes his statements on fighting and violence irrelevant and stupid.