Just snapped my Fever. What next?

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
All,

I just snapped my CI Fever round tail today. Pretty bummed as it was an amazing board for me...

For its replacement, I am limited to 2nd hand finds on Gumtree (Craigslist here) - what do you recommend? I would only surf the board when my HS Untitled runs out of room - say around OH.

A couple of options that were available were:
CI T-Low
Superbrand Burnside
Cabianca Bandida (but it's FCS2 and I'm heavily invested in Futures)

Any opinions on the above, or other recommendations?

Jul 19, 2016
I believe the Tlow is a lot more thinly foiled than the Fever, might feel a little under volumed, especially in the rails.

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
I like my HS Black Noiz as a next step HPSB to my Untitled. (Note- BN volumes are off on the website. My 6'3 stock dims is 34.2 L)

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
I would try the Cabinaca

Johny's boards look so fun
I'm leaning that way, apart from the FCS2 issue (I don't have any of them while I'm drowning in Futures).
What fins would you recommend for it?

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Well I would get a cheap set of old fcs1 fins ( I like the foil better )
Try and find a set of PG5's. The fiberglass ones with no inside foil

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
That is a pretty high class problelm to have right now my man, be grateful.
Hi SDsurfrat,

Perhaps "pretty bummed" was the wrong choice of words. I'm highly impacted by COVID-19 especially financially; I didn't need a snapped board on top of it. All the best and I hope you guys get back in the water over there soon.

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Well I would get a cheap set of old fcs1 fins ( I like the foil better )
Try and find a set of PG5's. The fiberglass ones with no inside foil
Are these size large? Pardon my complete ignorance on FCS

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Are these size large? Pardon my complete ignorance on FCS

I have older, solid blue fiberglass PC5's. I mix up the middle fins but would agree w/Retodd, they are a staple fin.
Depth is 4.5" so medium sized. The older glass fins were money, imo. Newer chiner resin transfer molded, not so much...

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
So I bought the Cabianca. Turns out it is not a “Bandida” model but a “DFK”, which has More rocker which is probably what I wanted anyway. It is The same cabianca that was reviewed on Beach Grit last year.

It feels great. It’s definitely chunkier in the rear sort of like what Medinas boards are like. Fairly deep single concave as well. The biggest unusual feature in my mind is that the rails are sharp for almost a foot above the front fins. We will see how it goes.

PS I got some cheap FCS carver honeycomb fins for it. the price on these was so low I had to pull the trigger. I’ll see how they go.

Reactions: Aruka

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Will do! Only small surf in the forecast for the next week, but once I’ve got a few sessions under the belt I’ll put up a review thread.