John Prine in critical condition with Coronavirus

Dudebro

Nep status
Jul 17, 2007
Oceanside
The guy is a legend. Heard his wife had it but not him but that was a old news. With all his past medical history it's going to be a tough ride. Hope he can pull through.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The guy is a legend. Heard his wife had it but not him but that was a old news. With all his past medical history it's going to be a tough ride. Hope he can pull through.
Howzit Bubba

My time with John Prine goes back to early 70’s high school days, Steve Goodman who he mentions here played at my high school.
One of my favorites.

I’ll throw this out

Different times.

John Prine is an American folk hero.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
She’d sell her little pumpkin just to save her old daddy’s soul.

My kinda girl!

Dudebro

Nep status
Jul 17, 2007
Oceanside
Hey Mr. Ogre. Was a late bloomer to a lot of the music at that time. The radio play was very limited as a youngster and had no say in what got played, most of the time. Learned to enjoy it the older I got going to festivals that featured song writers. Interesting group of people who sometimes are as good of a performer as the artists who records the song. They are all talented though. Many have went on to become big stars. Little birdie told me to go to Nashville sometime because there are so many good artist performing all over the place. Maybe some day I'll go check it out.

Hope you and your family are well. If the virus gets you out there we are all doomed. Or at least better hope our immune system is up to it.

Keep up the fight John. Would like to hear you sing more of your songs.

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
This is how my generation learned from our elders.
My grandpa was a carpenter, too. Dropped out of school in the seventh grade. Turned 18 fighting in Europe. Built dozens (hundreds?) of buildings in an Ivy League town. I was in my late 20s before I realized he couldn’t really read.

This song has always reminded me of him. One of the many reasons I love John Prine.