John John has some serious air game

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I would like to see that guy ride some of these Geezer-friendly >6' Hoopties just once, in some hollow pitching waves . Just once.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
That was a hell of a punt. Ankle breaker if he screws up. :jamon:

That's all I want to do every day is surf. Wish I was 20 again though for 6 hour warm water sessions. Dream life.

Reactions: Boneroni

surf-shot.com

Nep status
Feb 10, 2008
www.surf-shot.com
It is his knee game he has to worry about.
That was a hell of a punt. Ankle breaker if he screws up. :jamon:
Watch vids of JJF prior to 2015 and he’d seem to always have a safe spot to land picked out before taking to the air. It seemed like he would not be getting injured. After he was a world title contender you see him punting when he needed a score and sometimes landing on the flat in front of the wave, knee buckling, ouch!

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Those are old clips. The Alley-oop is before his first knee injury. And the backflip is before his second injury. I think his team just put up those short clips to keep his YouTube feed going. I was excited to see new content when they all dropped at once then realized it’s all old stuff. His newest clips on the gram were building a porch at his farm and sailing to Kauai.

But don’t worry by all accounts he’s healthy, strong and ripping. We’ve had a couple of north swells that light up the spot in front of his house so we should get fresh surfing clips.

Reactions: potato-nator

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
Seems to be injury prone lately. Best all around surfer in the world imo.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I'd like to read what Matt Meola has to say about injuries, he seems to be fairly okay with those big airs to flat.

Said he gets them glassed light as possible so the board breaks not his knee/ankles.

manjushri

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 3, 2009
+62
I would like to see that guy ride some of these Geezer-friendly >6' Hoopties just once, in some hollow pitching waves . Just once.
Yea like to see him on a lil sumtin to get more technical, like josh kerr's airs on his twinnys

Twinny's better for airs.. can scoop and rotate easier on take off