JBD (not JBDevlin) loses his kid.

Fuller

Tom Curren status
Jan 10, 2002
.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
I haven't logged in to the erbb in quite a while either and the first post I encounter is this one...

I am so sorry to hear this news, jbd. I don't know if there's anything worse than losing a son or daughter. You will eventually find peace of mind and emerge as a stronger person.

Reactions: jbd and keenfish

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Thanks for telling posting all of that jbd
I don’t know how it will be possible, but I have faith you and your family will somehow find peace

I’d wondered where you’d been and missed your posts
It’s unimaginable to think that you were living through a nightmare
Peace to you, brother

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm so sorry for your loss, JBD.

With my son about to turn 2 years old, I can't imagine going through what you just described.

Heavy, heavy heart now. Can’t believe he was able to buy a gun so easily.

Reactions: jbd

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Oh, no. So sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the trauma, and hope you and your wife remain strong, for yourselves and the rest of your kids.

He didn't by any chance work at Angie's did he? I may have crossed paths with him or one of your other children at one point

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
JBD, deepest condolences to you and your family. Can't even imagine going through that.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I’m so sorry you all had to go through that but you did everything you could. Remember the good times you had together

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
So sorry this happened.
Hope your family can find some sort of peace as time passes.

As fucked up as this place is we all are here to support you. You need to vent or some support use this motley crew for help.

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
Oh, no. So sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the trauma, and hope you and your wife remain strong, for yourselves and the rest of your kids.

He didn't by any chance work at Angie's did he? I may have crossed paths with him or one of your other children at one point
Yes! all three of my kids worked at Angies. Ed put a post on the sign about matt. At one time one of my kids made your sandwich. My daughter is a chef now, runs a bakery in downtown St. Auggy , Matts twin brother sings and plays music around the beach, his name is Brandon. Small world.

Last edited:

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
Damn JBD. All of us knuckleheads are thinking about you guys. I think I speak for all of us in saying words can't even begin to say how sorry we all are that you've had to deal with this. If y'all need a getaway to the Lowcountry...holler.
Sometimes being able to vent and write $hit down helps as you know my talented writing friend. I'm an art director so my writing kinda sucks.....but I can draw :)
Appreciate all the love and support. And my wife and I plan on traveling more, kinda just need more me and her time. It's be a brutal year and we haven't really been thinking about US at all. Just gotta make sure my other 2 kids are OK first.....then sir , I may get up that way. My dad live in IOP for a while so , I love that whole SC area. Same to you if you make it this way.
btw, still got a crush on mrs wells (our 4th grade teacher) and making kids take french in 4th grade is BS! who does that? no damn way I was passing that class.
-d

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I can't even imagine that whole chain of events. Just heartbreaking.

Wish you and your family the best and that you can rebuild your lives from this.

abalone

Michael Peterson status
Jan 16, 2002
Unimaginable.
My heart goes out to your family and the greater community who knew and loved Matty. There is no "getting over" the heartache of losing Matty and the circumstances of the past few years, but time can lessen the rawness, the gutted feelings. Since no two people grieve the same, I hope everyone is kind, understanding, and patient.

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
I am heartbroken for you and your family. May you and everyone that loved him find peace.

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
I shed a few tears reading this. My deepest condolences for your loss jbd. Can't even imagine. May his spirit live on through you .

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Read your posts to my sister in law, whose eldest child is a month older than your son, and talks of offing himself often. We both cried a lot, it was really hard for me to read without choking up and balling tears. Hopefully it will do some good. Personally I vow to keep in touch with him much more frequently, and become more involved in his life, in as much as he comfortably allows.
Thank you for sharing this @jbd .
:bowdown:

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
Read your posts to my sister in law, whose eldest child is a month older than your son, and talks of offing himself often. We both cried a lot, it was really hard for me to read without choking up and balling tears. Hopefully it will do some good. Personally I vow to keep in touch with him much more frequently, and become more involved in his life, in as much as he comfortably allows.
Thank you for sharing this @jbd .
:bowdown:
I spent the last year filling his days with moments that would make him happy for a short time, tried my best to have something every week to keep him looking forward. Concert, fishing charters, trivia nights, whatever I could find. Spend all the time you can, it will help you and him. and it will create great memories, photos etc.... do all that you can and I wish your sister in law the best . truly I do. If she needs and insights or needs info on anything, please reach out to me. I'm not expert but I know a 1000x more than I did 2 years ago. I could save her some time and would be happy to offer any guidance needed.
thx for the post

Matt with our family record redfish. 32" a few months ago.
FACDE17E-A9D9-4000-9DFF-5007472DAAE6.jpg

-d

Last edited: